Thread: Information and WANTED. 2 pair of Swing off mounts 30mm to fit sako quad (varmint )

Information and WANTED. 2 pair of Swing off mounts 30mm to fit sako quad (varmint )

Hi Guys

Looking for two pairs of a decent make swing off mounts to fit two sako quad action anyone know of a source or supplier ? Or have some for sale

atb

phil

two options I am aware of

get a Pic rail fitted and use Leupold or similar QRW rings with a standard dovetail clamp
    rails available now, they weren't when I did mine

or get some Leupold "gunmaker bases" (hens teeth!) machined with a 9-11mm female dovetail slot and use standard Leupold QR mounts

Quick Release Mounts for rimfire/air-rifle 9-11mm (Sako Quad etc))

EAW (Apel) mounts are about as good as you will get - expensive though!

Cheers Guys
    i have sent off a couple of e mails and will check the info out, I have two varmint barrel quads LR and WMR that have S&B zenith on at present and one will have a permanent NV scope shortly, can't change the barrel calibre on the nv without taking it off the rifle hence the swing off mounts.

thanks

phil

your problem with available QR mounting systems is their almost industry wide application for Weaver Dovetails (not the 9-11mm rimfire dovetail you have)

you can increase the mount height to allow barrel removal with NV scope in situ
    shouldn't require a great deal of clearance to do that

Hi bewsher

I have had a measure up, there is a fair gap required to release the retaining barrel wedge lands end, I have a set of high mounts, I think it will be tight, but I will try it with the NV rather than the scope as that will have the tightest tolerance to the barrel
    I have always kept any scope as close to the barrel as possible for obvious reasons.

High mounts may work, I will certainly give it a go and see if it works

if it does, dosh saved big time

cheers atb

phil

Quote Originally Posted by philip View Post
    Hi Guys

Looking for two pairs of a decent make swing off mounts to fit two sako quad action anyone know of a source or supplier ? Or have some for sale

atb

phil
    HI, I have some Apel swing off mount for sale 150 Iused them with a 50mm Swarovski Scope.........Cheers.