Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One of britains greatest RIP

One of britains greatest RIP

Yesterday was the anniversary of the death if one of Britaing greatest heros/sons in 1965 and there wasn't even a mention of it, lest we forget!
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

Quote Originally Posted by CWMMAN3738 View Post
    Yesterday was the anniversary of the death if one of Britaing greatest heros/sons in 1965 and there wasn't even a mention of it, lest we forget!
    Winston Leonard spencer Churchill, if memory serves me correct .one of the all time greats .

Im not surprised no one has answered, ask school kids about the first world war or the second WW a huge percentage don't even know it happened ,ask them about the Normans and Saxons, oh yes they can tell you that crap .

and TRIGGER Roy Rogers horse

It's true. The Normans and the Romans are taught, but modern history, what happened in the last century seems to be sadly missing. An awful lot of them will have had relatives that died in the two world wars, and the significance of what happened resonates today. The big lesson from both world wars is to learn how devastating they were and to not let it happen again. Lost on today's yoof!

Churchill to most kids is a nodding dog that sells insurance.
    Last edited by Pedro; 26-01-2014 at 05:22. Reason: Added a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    It's true. The Normans and the Romans are taught, but modern history, what happened in the last century seems to be sadly missing. An awful lot of them will have had relatives that died in the two world wars, and the significance of what happened resonates today. The big lesson from both world wars is to learn how devastating they were and to not let it happen again. Lost on today's yoof!

Churchill to most kids is a nodding dog that sells insurance.
    +1 on that, tried explaining to my lad (9) and the thing from modern history has been the titanic. He is getting it but sometimes you feel its quite a battle.

Reminds me of a retort about fifteen years ago from my youngest lad, sadly no longer with us, "Nelson Mandela's not blind Dad!!" ... think about it, think about it!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by CWMMAN3738 View Post
    I assume that we are talking about Winston Churchill here but he died on the 24th January 1965. This post was written on the 26th?
    Baguio
    Last edited by baguio; 26-01-2014 at 09:23.

Oh for a politician of his quality today !! .....Compared to the likes of The traitor Blair , Call me Dave ,Mandy ,Brown ,Clegg etc etc the list is endless ..The quality of most things seems to have fallen , the quality of politicians seems to have fallen of the cliff..RIP Mr Churchill ..