Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best night vision

Best night vision

Hello. I am after a night vision set up for a .243. I want to be able to identify foxes at 300 ish yards. Not to be able to shoot at those ranges but I want to be able to see so I can either move in or move on, I have an ns200 but I don't like the screen system. I don't know weather an add on will give me this but I would like to be able to shoot the scope in the day, I currently use a swaro z4 but would consider changing scopes if need be, thanks for any suggestions I get. Cheers

Probably the Archer is still the best but as with most night vision it depends on how much you want to spend! The Archer with a good IR will pick up foxes out to 250-300 yards.
    The Photon for its price does remarkably well possibly 300 yards would be stretching it but again as with all NV much depends on the infra red source.
    Starlight are bringing out a new add on in the next few weeks which may be worth a look at.
    If money is no object the way to go is thermal or a Longbow Day/night scope.

Dedicated or Add on Tom ?

Give the guys at Scot country a call Im sure they will have some kit to suit your needs, they may reply to your post if the see it.

there is a wealth of stuff out there. Basically what is your budget? That will guide as to what to advise.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Quote Originally Posted by The Singing Stalker View Post
    there is a wealth of stuff out there. Basically what is your budget? That will guide as to what to advise.
    +1 Good advise I went with my budget and got a yukon photon started off with mixed views but now with magnification doublers and focus improving lenses it works very well I use mine for rabbits on Air rifle and .17hmr plus foxes with .22-250 looks bloody smart on Rifle to.

Starlight longbow got one on my .243 love it use the scope normally during the day and to zero then change the back for night vision. I can see foxes at night so far away. Thought I would miss my Swarovski during the day but I don't the scope is great. They are expensive but I have never regretted it.

Might be a little help in here?, An absorbing read on NV gear explained.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by farmerrow View Post
    Starlight longbow got one on my .243 love it use the scope normally during the day and to zero then change the back for night vision. I can see foxes at night so far away. Thought I would miss my Swarovski during the day but I don't the scope is great. They are expensive but I have never regretted it.
    I am chewing over the longbow. I am hoping that scott country have one at the shooting show for me to look through.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

thanks for all of the sugestions so far. iv read good and bad things on the photon so not sure on that one. my budget is arounf 1500 but if it was more around the 500 tht would be even better.i was hoping for an add on so i can spot with it then slip it on for the shot, thanks all