Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SD Level 1 Bursary 2014

SD Level 1 Bursary 2014

Dear All,

We are very pleased to announce that following last years success we are taking applications for full Level1 sponsorship again this year. We, together with BASC and other providers off the site who prefer anonymity, aim to provide level 1 course for six people.

Applicants will need to submit a PM, to me, outlining why they think they are eligible for consideration. They will need to be fairly new to stalking and show that the expense of sitting the level 1 would either be beyond their means at this moment in time, e.g. student, apprentice, minimal wage earner etc. Or maybe a family man / woman who has a young family where the financial demands find it very hard to justify the expense of level 1. If you think you have a legitimate reason and would like to enter please do so, and it will be considered. All that we ask in return is that you maintain a blog, look at the one provided by stratts as an example, so that we all know how you are progressing.

Once you have submitted your application please do not bombard me with "what's happening" type of PM's the successful applicants will be notified with instructions on how to proceed. A note of caution please only apply if you fit the criteria above, freebie hunters are not wanted.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Good on you mate!!!

To anyone that is considering this if say go for it!! I was lucky enough to get a place last year and successfully passed my level 1 at Carlton moor range with mike. Best thing I've done! University commitments have meant I'm yet to bag my first deer but I am hoping to do so later this year.

Go for it you won't look back trust me.

What a great offer, shame I don't fit any of the criteria except not having done my DSC1 yet as I keep being made redundant !

I am pleased to announce that we have filled all six places with what we hope prove to be successful candidates.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Well done john a great offer
    atb Jim

Blimey that was quick well done again and good luck to all this years bursars. If you get half out of it that I've been fortunate enough to experience you'll be having fun and keep us posted on your progress,

Stratts
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Hi all,
    I'm very grateful to say that I have been lucky enough to get one of those 6 places. I will get my blog set up soon, as soon as I have some more details. In the meantime, a big thanks goes out to all those that have made this possible. I'm very excited to get cracking now, I suspect my wife may be sick of hearing about it
    I also need to thank the member (I won't name names, he can make himself known if he wants to) who has kindly invited me to go out for a stalk with him.
    Cheers folks, I'll make sure I keep you up to date with my prep and progress.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSimon View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm very grateful to say that I have been lucky enough to get one of those 6 places. I will get my blog set up soon, as soon as I have some more details. In the meantime, a big thanks goes out to all those that have made this possible. I'm very excited to get cracking now, I suspect my wife may be sick of hearing about it
    I also need to thank the member (I won't name names, he can make himself known if he wants to) who has kindly invited me to go out for a stalk with him.
    Cheers folks, I'll make sure I keep you up to date with my prep and progress.
    simon
    firstly congrats on securing your SD bursary place to do your level one
    Also to the admin team for making it happen

Secondly i I very much look forward to taking you out down here in somerset
    and hopefully bagging your first deer
    It will be good to meet you and pass on some practical experience towards your
    level one and future stalking experience .
    Regards pete

Hope you've not been too badly affected by all the flooding down your way?

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSimon View Post
    Hope you've not been too badly affected by all the flooding down your way?
    not had to trade the freelander in for a boat yet
    But i do feel for the poor buggers affected must be miserable
    regards pete