Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Trained hunter (help)

  1. #1

    Trained hunter (help)

    I have DSC 1 march 2009 & DSC 2 June 2009 can anyone help how I get trained hunter cert as would like to tender for FC leases
    many thanks Rob

  2. #2
    Was it not part of your level one?
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

  3. #3
    I did mine 2012, was told there is not a separate certificate and to just use my dsc1 candidate Number on tags etc.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    I did mine 2012, was told there is not a separate certificate and to just use my dsc1 candidate Number on tags etc.
    +1 with that - I phoned BASC when my DSC1 cert arrived and I was expecting some form of certification for the trained hunter element, they advised that all you need to use is the certificate number as your reference.

  5. #5
    It's no 7 Large Game meat hygiene on level 1 certificates, originally it was not included and at one stage you could pay for an update but that option I believe is no longer available.

  6. #6
    2009 should include trained hunter.
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

  7. #7
    PM me and I will clarify.

    Best regards.


    For guided Roe deer stalking,. BASC accredited trainer for DSC1 and 2. BASC accredited training centre with courses held regularly.

  8. #8
    That post doesn't seem real for some reason i thought trained hunter came with DSC1

  9. #9
    Roe Stalker will see you right.

    I dont have the date of switch over in my head ( perhaps there is hope! ), but thereafter DSC1 incorporated the Meat & Large Game Hygiene test paper of 40 questions. There was a grace period for conversion and a process for it in regard older DSC1 certs. That's long now finished.

    I could quote the colours but usually get them back to front and muddle the issue - but as noted above, if you have the Trained Hunter Status it will say so on the face of your DSC1 certificate.

    If you do not have it, you can contact any Assessment Centre and arrange to sit that one paper to convert your cert. The centre will advise on cost etc.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

  10. #10
    My level 1 cert is green and covers the trained hunter element if that is any help?

    Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Similar Threads

  1. Trained deer dog
    By 6pointer in forum Deer Dogs & Tracking
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 22-07-2014, 09:32
  2. Trained hunter
    By shudadunityonksago in forum Training and Qualifications
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-10-2013, 21:00
  3. A Trained Deer Dog? Really?
    By barongcw in forum Deer Dogs & Tracking
    Replies: 205
    Last Post: 17-05-2012, 20:51
  4. new trained hunter
    By topgun in forum Training and Qualifications
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-09-2011, 07:56
  5. trained hunter number - dcs1
    By stuey in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 27-03-2010, 22:27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts