Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best bib and brace?

Best bib and brace?

I'm looking for a bib and brace type trouser for active stalking/ beating e.t.c. Most ive seen are the wax or plastic over trouser type with elastic waist band. I've seen some bib and brace plastic ones but want something harder wearing that wont rip on wire of bramble and waterproof. Any recommendations appreciated!

Try a pair of mustad fishing sallopets or any of the fishing ones to be honest ive wore mustad ones for years in all weathers out for chasing cod.

I've been looking at the canvas Caharrt ones for general use when out working in the forest but can only find used ones on eBay and still quite expensive so any suggestions I'll be interested in too.

Quote Originally Posted by nun_hunter View Post
    I've been looking at the canvas Caharrt ones for general use when out working in the forest but can only find used ones on eBay and still quite expensive so any suggestions I'll be interested in too.
    you can't buy from amazon? I know they are expensive but usually a one time buy for just everyday hunting and chores.... unless you flat out abuse them....

checkout dungarees .net , they told me they will post to uk, most official carhartt won,t post uk, but they will
    Last edited by Taff; 26-01-2014 at 17:26.

I can do you a pair of nomad bib and brace .
    however they wont be barbwire proof.

but they are extremely good .

I can second that, I have had my Nomad salopettes for a couple of months now and they are perfect, used them for pheasant shooting, stalking and sitting in highseats, nice and warm and waterproof

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I can second that, I have had my Nomad salopettes for a couple of months now and they are perfect, used them for pheasant shooting, stalking and sitting in highseats, nice and warm and waterproof
    What are they like for beating through brambles?

Quote Originally Posted by Boarboy View Post
    What are they like for beating through brambles?
    don't know about the nomads.... But your ancestors were nice enough to give us a neat little plant called multiflora rose... Carhartts were the only things that you could be safe working in while clearing that stuff......not perfect on the real big thorns, but acceptable....