Thread: frdrck, dealing with a stranger.

frdrck, dealing with a stranger.

Just before Christmas I was contacted by the above mentioned "frdrck" as he had found advertised a set of Appel swing off mounts that I had advertised some months earlier. He resides in America, and the transaction was fraught with danger for both of us. He might not receive goods he had paid for, and I might not receive payment for goods sent. I decided to risk sending the mounts and rings off for his inspection. Hoping that once they left the UK I was not going to have problems getting paid for them. I need not have worried. Today in the post I received a copy of Time magazine. Within the pages was the exact amount promised in pounds sterling.
    A gentleman to deal with and one who has confirmed my faith in honesty and decency within our sport, no matter what the distance between us.

Thank you for that confirmation alone John.

Best regards,

Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by buckup View Post
    Just before Christmas I was contacted by the above mentioned "frdrck" as he had found advertised a set of Appel swing off mounts that I had advertised some months earlier. He resides in America, and the transaction was fraught with danger for both of us. He might not receive goods he had paid for, and I might not receive payment for goods sent. I decided to risk sending the mounts and rings off for his inspection. Hoping that once they left the UK I was not going to have problems getting paid for them. I need not have worried. Today in the post I received a copy of Time magazine. Within the pages was the exact amount promised in pounds sterling.
    A gentleman to deal with and one who has confirmed my faith in honesty and decency within our sport, no matter what the distance between us.

Best regards,

Mark.
    BUY Loads ,,,from the US Always ,Good Quality and good service ,, never Once , had a problem ,

good for both of you...... There are still good folks around.... Just be careful when dealing with someone that boasts about how much of a christian they are......

Quote Originally Posted by buckup View Post

Best regards,

Mark.
    Nice one Mark.

A nice feeling when trust and honesty works out for both parties.

Jon

I hope it was a good version of Time!