Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which .22 semi auto?

Which .22 semi auto?

Looking for a semi auto .22 to shoot rabbits from quad bike. Something that's not top end but reliable on the jamming front. A bit out of touch with rimfires so just want to know what's out there and worth looking at. Thankyou.

Quote Originally Posted by Boarboy View Post
    Looking for a semi auto .22 to shoot rabbits from quad bike. Something that's not top end but reliable on the jamming front. A bit out of touch with rimfires so just want to know what's out there and worth looking at. Thankyou.
    Could not recommend a semi for anything other than a plinking toy , get a CZ bolt action for consistent accuracy.

My volquartson 10/22 shoots better than my cz ever did, but costs a tad more
    "Seek the wisdom of ages, but look at the world through the eyes of a child"
    http://www.totally22.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Spoony View Post
    My volquartson 10/22 shoots better than my cz ever did, but costs a tad more

Here we go..

I'm with Johno on this one. Unless you spend a good wedge on basically starting from scratch and building one, semi rimmy and accurate dont normally live in the same Sentance.

Spent a lot of money on my 10/22and basically the only original parts were the receiver and action slide (and even they were modified) and it was still not a patch on either of the Sakos.

They are good plinking toys and probably accurate enough to cull rabbits up to shotgun range but I wouldn't use one against animals beyond those ranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Johno100 View Post
    Here we go..
    "Seek the wisdom of ages, but look at the world through the eyes of a child"
    http://www.totally22.co.uk

Got a an old Semi auto that you can have for very little money PM if you are interested

Quote Originally Posted by Boarboy View Post
    All rimfire autos will jam at some point. Save yourself the grief and pick up a CZ bolt gun. It will last several lifetimes and deliver pin point accuracy.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    All rimfire autos will jam at some point. Save yourself the grief and pick up a CZ bolt gun. It will last several lifetimes and deliver pin point accuracy.~Muir
    To true Andy , the humble Brno/CZ is hard to beat.

Rgds, Billy,
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    To true Andy , the humble Brno/CZ is hard to beat.

Rgds, Billy,
    Agreed!