Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Info needed please!

Info needed please!

Hello everyone this wednesday I have the FAO coming out to do my variation for a .308 and asked for deer and wild boar to be put on my licence, I have written permission off a good farming friend where he is having problems with them, anyway is there any reason why a FAO would not put wild boar on my licence ?
    A friend of mine had the similar problem where he wanted it put on his licence to shoot them as he got offered to go to germany all expenses payed to shoot wild boar but the FAO at the time said that he didnt need it and never got it put on his forms....
    Has anybody had the same or similar experience ..... any info would be great cheers Danny

If you have permission to shoot boar then there's not much they can do about it other than grant you the .308 and condition your certificate appropriately.

TBH 'deer and any other lawful quarry' would still cover boar even if not specified.

A FEO can't condition your certificate for shooting boar overseas, that is outside of their jurisdiction. If they had permission to shoot boar on UK soil they could add it.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

GWENT do AOLQ now on their carts so that will entitle you to shoot boar
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

Essex also do AOLQ, when I asked my FLO about boar I was told that it would be added on

Cheers guys thanks for the replys some good info there fingers crossed and ill let you know how I get on Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by mason85_308 View Post
    Hello everyone this wednesday I have the FAO coming out to do my variation for a .308 and asked for deer and wild boar to be put on my licence, I have written permission off a good farming friend where he is having problems with them, anyway is there any reason why a FAO would not put wild boar on my licence ?
    A friend of mine had the similar problem where he wanted it put on his licence to shoot them as he got offered to go to germany all expenses payed to shoot wild boar but the FAO at the time said that he didnt need it and never got it put on his forms....
    Has anybody had the same or similar experience ..... any info would be great cheers Danny
    Well he wouldnt for Germany, would he?

Danny I can confirm what has already been said by Cwmman , Apache and Morgy.

Would I be right if I assumed that the land that you intend to shoot over isn't too far from where you live but in another force area? Also that you don't currently stalk from what you have said.
    Has the land that you intend to shoot over been cleared by the local force for the calibre of rifle that you want. If not and it is in the area that I am thinking of I fear you may have some resistance from the local force in getting the ground approved as they have some history of awkwardness in this area.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Hi there 8x57 i have had some stalking experiance over the past few years And currently manage a large plot of ground , the ground i have applied for has been passed for .308
    But what i was asking was has anybody had a problem with the FAO granting/ putting wild boar on there licence. thats all not about my experiance with stalking thanks for the info anyway.

M8 you'll be fine as long as groung is cleared you should be AOK
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

Cheers cwmman3738 ill let you know how i get on tomorrow