Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tikka M5** Trigger assembly

tikka M5** Trigger assembly

Has anyone the Tikka Trigger Schematics for the M595 please.

I have had to strip a trigger unit as it was not in good shape but the one sear i can not remove for some reason.

I need to take the safe lever out but where it passes though the rear sear it is being held. there is a spring holding it but i do not want to over apply the pressure just in case it goes 'pete tong'

if someone had an exploded diagram of a stripped trimmer then please would you be so good as the share with me.... PLEASE.

Also, whilst in the TLC program. whats the best cold blue. i have been using bisley make but it is really not very good. turns things blue, build the layers and then the first oiling it wipes back off. what are we using to give a good 'touchup' finish. not a complete strip and re-blue.

Thanks for any help that can be offered.

All the best

Phil.

what are you bluing?

A tikka barrel from where the over barrel mod has marked and a few scabby bits under the stock.

brownells oxpho blue IMHO will do the best finish for touch up's.

Thanks for that. Just need to find some now.

I have managed to get the trigger apart. Damaged spring was stopping the link moving.

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    brownells oxpho blue IMHO will do the best finish for touch up's.

Apart form Brownells, is there a uk supplier of this stuff?

SD Regular
    Have you not considered Cerakote for your rifle. It is possible to get a classic finish if that is what you're after. A friend has just had his 7mm RM done and it looks amazing. I've also seen some shotgun barrels done.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

sorry, the birchwood casey is not 'bad' either, follow instructions and you'll get an ok touch up that doesn't wipe off. and is available in the UK.

I did think about the paint job, there is someone up the road that will do it but first i need to get the rifle running straight so to help with looks and rust i wanted to blue it for now.

Quote Originally Posted by activeviii View Post
    Thanks for that. Just need to find some now.

I have managed to get the trigger apart. Damaged spring was stopping the link moving.
    I think you'll find that you damaged the spring getting it out, unfortunately the design of it is that it goes together once, and isn't really meant to be stripped. I found this out the hard way too :/

Pete
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK