Range test air arms fac

Roedinator

Distinguished Member
Just though I'd do a little write up of a play about I have just done
with my air arms 410 extra .
back in the summer I was working up in tamworth and payed simon
the Airgun doctor a visit he stripped and put back together with all new
seals etc and also crohn od :oops: To a consistent 30 ft pounds

A couple of months ago on a dead still days I did up a drop chart that corresponded
with the mil dots on my scope that was zero 40 yds 1 inch low 50 yds 1st mil dot 60
yds 2 nd mil dot 75 yds 3rd mil dot 85 yds
a good ish group was achieved at each distance so I came away a happy bunny

while out doing the dogs this morning I placed three mini clay pigeons at different
distances with the intention of going indoors and trying my luck
just finished and the result was very pleasing

the first clay range finded 57 yards from my bedroom skylight so I went first mil dot
a bit to the left to allow for a swirling ish funny wind really and missed :oops: Second
shot same point of aim not allowing for any wind smash right in the middle :D
Second clay range finded 75 yards 2nd mil dot smash first shot :D:D Last clay on
fence line 95 yards so thought third mil dot gives me 85 yards another ten yards I
aim bewtween third and bottom mil dot should be somewhere handy wrong a miss
but could hear it hit wooden fence post so either low or to the right because of the
wind ? opted to aim straight but using bottom mil dot and smash right in the middle
five shots three direct hits out to 95 yds so very pleased that I had put in the time to
make up a drop chart and lucky enough to own a pair of leicas
amazing how technology and air rifles have come along since the days of childhood
with an old break barrel on the farm
regards pete

I once had the airarms fac had it ben t reg fitted smashing gun i do miss the old fac air but its all the bottle/pump that got on my tits any pics

ATB

JON

thats impressive range

out of interest what weight pellets and velocities are you getting at that kind of range do you think?

just wondering how lethal it would be on a bunny at 80+

Very interesting...I have a brand new one, I have tried several different pellets and power settings and it groups like S**T :oops: Any advice much needed before I loose patience and trade it!
I have an S410 std which will shoot 10 shot 5p piece groups all day with the cheapest of pellets!!

Thanks in advance

Very interesting...I have a brand new one, I have tried several different pellets and power settings and it groups like S**T :oops: Any advice much needed before I loose patience and trade it!
I have an S410 std which will shoot 10 shot 5p piece groups all day with the cheapest of pellets!!

Thanks in advance

remmy my ive found the air airs pellets to be the best pellet on pellet
tried some RWS and you'd think I'd changed to a shotgun all over the place

bewsher air arms 1,037 grams field
not sure about velocity but would shoot out to around the 75 yard mark for clean head shots
Got to keep it ethical

regards pete

Thanks in advance

Try some JSB exact pellets,I've have been using them for some time and accuracy is superb at most power levels

Thanks for your input gents I will give both a try this week and see if its "shotgun" grouping improves. Someone has also mentioned that it will take about 500 shots for it to settle down.....?

Regards

Remmy :tiphat:

Back