Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jager Sporting Arms

Jager Sporting Arms

just picked up my new Sako 30-06 built by James at Jager Spoting Arms in Colchester , its a sako L61R finnbear action with a 22" 1/10 twist bagerra barrel also threaded , barrel , action , trigger guard and floor plate at been cerakoted , going to cook some 185gn lapua mega loads up tomorrow to test at the weekend has a lovely safari stock on it but it needs a bit of TLC , which is next on the list then it will be a full strip down back to the wood , oil finish and the clearkote weather proofing then pillar bedding but got to see how it shoots first !

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Happy days ,James has my old remy in for a refurb too .
    norma

The gun plumber doe's good again !

well gents early loads development tells me i have a tack driver , seriously pleased with the accuracy of this rifle considering i only saw it for the first time yesterday when i picked it up and its cost me under a grand!

i had other rifle builders quote me between 1400 - 1800 for the work he james has done for 650(inc coating!)

james has done a cracking job and his work speaks for its self , hope to get out next week to stretch its legs out to 200 yds and to finish the load delopment off !

Discretion assured

So to be clear please you stopped adjusting the scope after shots 1 and 2 and this is a 100 or 200 yard target?

Cheers

K

hello lee I like your new leftie and it does look like a tack driver in the making and good show james.

regards chris

Quote Originally Posted by Klenchblaize View Post
    So to be clear please you stopped adjusting the scope after shots 1 and 2 and this is a 100 or 200 yard target?

Cheers

K
    no scope adjustments at all apart from using a shot saver to get it more of less right , then cleaned the bore and shot simple as that , but when i do load development as long as im aiming at the bull i dont care where i am on the paper as long as it groups.

i use my 50yd range at home to get the load about right then when i get time next week ill go back to 100 then 200 and 300 if i can and run it over the chrony .

first 2 shots may have been me considering that was the first time ive fired the rifle and used that scope!
    Last edited by leec6.5; 29-01-2014 at 15:51.

Discretion assured

Quote Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
    hello lee I like your new leftie and it does look like a tack driver in the making and good show james.

regards chris
    thank you chris for finding the doner rifle ! with out you scouring the country for an action i would be buggered !

Discretion assured

Quote Originally Posted by leec6.5 View Post
    First time I've fired the rifle and used that scope!
    A fine long-tubed 1" Burris if I'm not mistaken.

I’ve found eye relief and centralisation thereof to be critical with this model and would recommend fitting an objective sun shade.

All the best

K

Quote Originally Posted by Klenchblaize View Post
    A fine long-tubed 1" Burris if I'm not mistaken.

I’ve found eye relief and centralisation thereof to be critical with this model and would recommend fitting an objective sun shade.

All the best

K
    K ,

yes it sure is , the 1/8 moa is a bit of a head scratcher but now im a bit more savy with it !
    "
    its on loan with intent to buy from a good friend from canada , he said "use it and if you like it we'll have a deal" he bought it new in 1998 i think he said .

thanks for the advice on the sunshade i do have one and will be sure to fit it .

Discretion assured

Quote Originally Posted by leec6.5 View Post
    thank you chris for finding the doner rifle ! with out you scouring the country for an action i would be buggered !
    my pleasure