Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bettinsoli express 9.3x74r

Bettinsoli express 9.3x74r

Hi guys,I'm thinking of making a purchase? Dose anyone shoot or have one of these?what are your thoughts on the caliber?

don't know about your area, but ammunition is pretty pricey here... What do you plan on hunting with that big round? I just googled them and it looks like a good solid gun.

Brilliant calibre.
    The Bettinsoli express is quite popular in France and probably runs neck and neck with the Sabatti express at the more affordable end of the market. I can't remember at the moment if they do the Bettinsoli in both Steel and Ergel (alloy) receivers for this calibre, but given the choice I would say go for steel. I will have a look later to see if this is one of the makes that offer that choice.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Yea guys I'm hoping to do a bit of boar in France this yea fingers crossed,and I would love to try a couple of deer here at home aswell might need a bit of practice tho.
    At the moment ammo is working out about 3euro around so a little steep

I bitch about a 1-2 euro a round for the 30.06 and .308.... Nice gun tho.... enjoy it.

Great calibre, IMO othing better for boar. I chose the Browning Elite but having handled a Bettinsoli I was very impressed with it too, they weren't about when I got the Browning. Nothing much you can do about the price of factory ammo - I'm using Norma Alaskan - but once you have cases contact Dodgyrog on here who casts some great 285 bullets for a bit of economic practice with reloads. Get it and enjoy! Taking boar with a double (esp open sights) is a fantastic shooting experience.

You won't find factory ammo for 9.3x74r any cheaper in France than what you are already paying. The cheapest is probably from Unifrance and that will run you about 70 Euro a box. The only way to make it affordable will be to reload, and while sourcing 9.3mm bullets in the U.K. has become easier now that it has become slightly more popular it will probably never be a bullet that you can pick up off the shelf in the local RFD. I don't know if it will be any easier in Ireland or if you can have bullets posted in the mail which is something that the law in the U.K. restricts.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Thanks for all the input guys.dose any one reload for this round and if so what data are you using and what type or wight do you recommend for boar sika red etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Topstalker View Post
    Thanks for all the input guys.dose any one reload for this round and if so what data are you using and what type or wight do you recommend for boar sika red etc.
    Not got my data to hand but I stick with 285grain bullets which the majority of 9.3x74s are factory regulated for.

Depending on what it's been regulated for, it would be worth having a look at the Geco 255g soft point. A little lighter, but I'm sure they're more than capable of putting the boar down. I just bought some to try, and for practicing, and they cost a lot less than €60.00 for 20.