Thread: Bromyard

Bromyard

Hi all
    I have just moved to Bromyard (Herefordshire) from Shropshire and wondered if any one does guided stalking around my area.

Although well travels and experienced I have little knowledge of UK deer so am just starting out.

I have the equipment and BASC insurance, but now need someone to show me the ropes if there is any kind soul out there willing.

I have worked as an under-keeper in Cornwall and have shot on three different continents Europe, Africa and USA with both bow and rifle all very successfully I might add.

If there is anyone out there willing to help I would be eternally gratefull and in their debt. When I finally source land I will look to do the same with someone else

Regards
    Mark

SD Regular
    Mark,

Welcome to the site.

Tim Lander and Wayne Davies are two local stalkers who offer guiding local to you. Herbert (on here) is not too far away either.

Feel free to drop me a PM and we can have a further chat.

E t R
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Hiya,

Hope you find the site interesting and of use, like me.

Emjoy

Quote Originally Posted by mark-smith1 View Post
    Hi all
    I have just moved to Bromyard (Herefordshire) from Shropshire and wondered if any one does guided stalking around my area.

Although well travels and experienced I have little knowledge of UK deer so am just starting out.

I have the equipment and BASC insurance, but now need someone to show me the ropes if there is any kind soul out there willing.

I have worked as an under-keeper in Cornwall and have shot on three different continents Europe, Africa and USA with both bow and rifle all very successfully I might add.

If there is anyone out there willing to help I would be eternally gratefull and in their debt. When I finally source land I will look to do the same with someone else

Regards
    Mark
    Hi Mark,

If you can join me at 11am-ish tomorrow (Sunday) we'll fight our way on foot up the hill through the mud to the woodland, and go for a nice lunch-time stalk looking for Muntjac and Roe does. You can even keep the carcass, if you get one! I can't guarantee you a cull, but I am pretty sure we'll see some deer. And all for free.
    For those who don't know Mark: He helped me some 6 years ago when I started shooting with an air-rifle and knew nothing about hunting.
    Pay-back time.
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Hamburger View Post
    Hi Mark,

If you can join me at 11am-ish tomorrow (Sunday) we'll fight our way on foot up the hill through the mud to the woodland, and go for a nice lunch-time stalk looking for Muntjac and Roe does. You can even keep the carcass, if you get one! I can't guarantee you a cull, but I am pretty sure we'll see some deer. And all for free.
    For those who don't know Mark: He helped me some 6 years ago when I started shooting with an air-rifle and knew nothing about hunting.
    Pay-back time.
    ....and this is what the site is all about. Erik - thank you for upholding the spirit. Mark - enjoy! Let us know how you got on.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    ....and this is what the site is all about. Erik - thank you for upholding the spirit. Mark - enjoy! Let us know how you got on.
    Mark couldn't make it with this short notice - his loss because if he would have been faster getting his rifle on the sticks than I was, he could have had a Roe doe and a Muntjac. I did go out on my own, had a good stalk midday, spotted seven deer (Roe and Muntjac) and missed two changes. I also spotted something creepy: Twice the size of a fox, sandy grey/brown hyena-like spotted coat, long cat-like tail, stalking gait...sadly it was only a 2-second sighting and I didn't manage to get a positive ID or find any tracks. The 'Beast of the Cotswolds' ? We will never know!
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....