Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deer Warden

Deer Warden

This post is aimed at Norfolk possibly Suffolk stalkers/deer managers in the Diss area.
    Diss police contacted me today to ask if I knew of anyone in there area who could go on there deer wardens list. I am on it but it would take me best part of an hour to get there and that would not be good for the injured deer or the police who would have to wait my arrival.
    So, anyone in the Diss area who is interested and has experience with dealing with injured deer on the public highway please contact me by PM with your details and I will pass them on. If you are the suitable person (the police decide that not me) male or female the Diss police will contact you direct.

Thank you

Max

Blame that on me David, I use to do it when I lived in Harling, but moved 2 years ago so stopped....bit too far away now much like you.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

I've been as far as Diss a few times but it takes me about 40 mins to get there. Fuel cost is also a consideration now! Maybe if they gave us a token payment for attendance, they'd get a few more people interested in doing it! I know Norfolk police do and I thought they had now combined forces with Suffolk?
    MS

im doing south of norwich heading towards beccles but have told them ill do a 25 mile radius of booke , ive had 4 call outs in the last 12 days !
    i wish they did pay though !

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    Blame that on me David, I use to do it when I lived in Harling, but moved 2 years ago so stopped....bit too far away now much like you.
    I might have guessed

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    I've been as far as Diss a few times but it takes me about 40 mins to get there. Fuel cost is also a consideration now! Maybe if they gave us a token payment for attendance, they'd get a few more people interested in doing it! I know Norfolk police do and I thought they had now combined forces with Suffolk?
    MS
    There problem is the response time, that's why they need someone in the area.

Since when did you need the money

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    There problem is the response time, that's why they need someone in the area.

Since when did you need the money
    we do it because we want to not because we have too !

Discretion assured

A lady also called me. I cover 25 miles from Wymondham, she asked if I would be willing to cover Diss area as well. I said yes if you pay my expenses as its out of my current free of charge area. she said that Diss weren't willing to do this.

She said one chap she had spoken to shot 2000 to 3000 a year ! I said I think you may need to check what he determines a deer warden, he's involved in culling. I also heard that some local lads have done a H&S course on RTA attendance. Norfolk certainly haven't mentioned anything to me ? You would think there would be a standard requirement for this across the country. Does this mean I'm at risk because I haven't done the H&S course. Its all a bit of a minefield at my expense

i was on your turf friday night about 8pm on the old A11 nr wymonham college looking for an RTA after being called out !

Discretion assured

They called me ,I was in the pub