Thread: Thermal scope

Thermal scope

New thermal imaging rifle scope released by Jager Pro built by FLIR 4 TO 9 thousand dollars depending on lens

Last edited by ELMER FUDD; 30-01-2014 at 08:57.

I've yet to see that good an image from any Flir I've seen so I'd be taking that advert with a pinch of salt until seeing some independent info

Thermal scope on the wish list for the future......

Is this available in the UK

Not available yet but watch this space, there are lots of interesting things coming in 2015, but it will be at least the end of 2014 before we see anything like that here, apart from maybe one which you "may" see earlier (cough)

For a thermal rifle scope to be any good for vermin control I think it needs to have more resolution that what is currently available at the consumer end of the market, I personally wouldn't be happy with one based on the Pulsar HD or the Guide for that matter, they work very well as spotters but I would not want to shoot with one, the picture just is not clear enough when compared to tubed or digital units.

I did have a look through a very expensive military grade thermal weapons scope last year and it was very apparent that the consumer end of the market has a long way to go yet

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyR View Post
    For a thermal rifle scope to be any good for vermin control I think it needs to have more resolution that what is currently available at the consumer end of the market, I personally wouldn't be happy with one based on the Pulsar HD or the Guide for that matter, they work very well as spotters but I would not want to shoot with one, the picture just is not clear enough when compared to tubed or digital units.

I did have a look through a very expensive military grade thermal weapons scope last year and it was very apparent that the consumer end of the market has a long way to go yet
    +1 - absolutely
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Country View Post
    Not available yet but watch this space, there are lots of interesting things coming in 2015, but it will be at least the end of 2014 before we see anything like that here, apart from maybe one which you "may" see earlier (cough)
    Would that be the new Pulsar unit?