State bullying of shooters or police overreaction

armo.

We all know that gun crime is largely an urban phenomena so I am bemused to read stories like this below:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/co...al-police-response-to-legal-field-sports.html

While not Mother Theresa clones, shooters must be one of the most law abiding segments of society, so you would imagine that it is within the grasp of most police forces with a rural population to deal sensibly with people out shooting recreationally or as part of their work/duties. An man dressed in realtree and (probably) surrounded by dead pigeons shouldn't be cuffed and led away like an assassin.

I imagine it gives plod the chance to use his shiny new black kit though and be all 'hard' back at the station. C**ts. How long will it be before a law-abiding shooter is gunned down by some twitchy firearm response team unless the police have a clearly documented policy on rural shooters (or urban fox cullers for that matter).

Alternatively, it could be considered to be further evidence of a government that would like to restrict firearm ownership even further.

Its a good link Armo and a fair comment..

The story is not unfamiliar where i live.. :evil:

I imagine it gives plod the chance to use his shiny new black kit though and be all 'hard' back at the station. C**ts.

Bit harsh that my friend..

When the next door neighbours house was being broken into i was more than happy to let the old bill through my house with the dogs to check the outbuildings and even more chuffed to see five cars in attendance..

Hopefully gave the would be thieves something to think on..

Pretty thankless job and not one id have any patience for..

Terry

Back