Thread: Photon external battery source

Photon external battery source

Hi Guys

One for the eleccy tech here

The external battery source for the Photon NV

Would or could you use the 22ah Tracer lithium 12v battery pack as a source of continual
    power over a 6 - 8 hours and leave the scope ON for the duration

NB Would it hurt the scope or NV or is it perfectly ok ?

I have settled on getting one with a NM 400 IR add on as i only shoot out to a 100 yds the battery source is something as I want to place the scope for long term readiness, I went out and used one with a friend and he had been advised to turn it off if not actually ready to squeeze the trigger.

lot of faffing about like that, would you think its ok to leave on for 8 hrs and use a tracer battery ??????????? when I'm out i would be in the landie or stopped up in a corner not moving very far so kit weight isn't a problem, it will be getting used a fair bit, just wondering if it will hold up to 3 -5 nights a week use

Any ideas or advice greatly appreciated, I had set myself on getting a more expensive one, only as a night sight, but the photon can be used well within my range of shooting, and the cost is a 6th of what I had in mind and you can sight in during daylight hours which is another bonus

Why not just stick two good AA's in it?? and have two in your pocket, they last for yonks.

Hello

"they last for yonks" I slightly disagree to be honest as a general, they eat cheap batteries for breakfast if you are using the onboard IR, with an external IR then you would get about 2-4hrs run time depending on quality of batteries.

I would recommend some decent AA Energizer Lithium's and using the NM400IR with internal battery (and a spare in pocket) or the new X850IR with AA lithiums, you will get 4hrs Photon run time, which this time of year is probably enough but as Camo304 says, keeping a spare pair in your pocket is ideal.

The Lithium battery you have is not compatible for the Photon.

We just got a huge delivery of Photon's in also.

We also have a special offer for Stalking Directory members

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Country View Post
    Hello

"they last for yonks" I slightly disagree to be honest as a general, they eat cheap batteries for breakfast if you are using the onboard IR, with an external IR then you would get about 2-4hrs run time depending on quality of batteries.

I would recommend some decent AA Energizer Lithium's and using the NM400IR with internal battery (and a spare in pocket) or the new X850IR with AA lithiums, you will get 4hrs Photon run time, which this time of year is probably enough but as Camo304 says, keeping a spare pair in your pocket is ideal.

The Lithium battery you have is not compatible for the Photon.

We just got a huge delivery of Photon's in also.

We also have a special offer for Stalking Directory members

Yes don't use cheapo AA's they are not worth buying, 4hrs is plenty and two more in the pocket job done have a look at this thread on batteries 2010 AA Low Self Discharge Battery Review - - Olympus UK E-System User Group

Paul by the way thanks for the mount landed this morning, just what the Dr ordered

Smashing.

Are you making the British Shooting Show?

Regards

Paul

+1 so far i have not needed a back up power unit i just carry 4 extra rechargeable AA BATS . Then again i have only been out twice with mine but the first time i just left it on all night sitting up in a high seat waiting in vain for boar that never turned up.

Q(Why not just stick two good AA's in it?? and have two in your pocket, they last for yonks.) end
    Last edited by paul o'; 31-01-2014 at 15:12.