Thread: RFD to RFD shipping of ammo

RFD to RFD shipping of ammo

just been fed some absolute horse**** by an RFD who clearly doesn't want to do anything remotely service based

55-60 he wanted to ship some ammo through TNT

now correct me if I am wrong but shipping ammo (not bullets) is no different to shipping a rifle is it?

Yes - especially if soft point - ie Section 5, but in any event because of the explosive classification.

Typical distributor to trade delivery rates start at 25 per load depending upon amounts.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    just been fed some absolute horse**** by an RFD who clearly doesn't want to do anything remotely service based

55-60 he wanted to ship some ammo through TNT

now correct me if I am wrong but shipping ammo (not bullets) is no different to shipping a rifle is it?
    Unless Edinburgh has become an island we're talking freight ........ not shipping.

Welcome to TNT's truly labyrinthine website. Look for hazardous goods. I remember seeing a standard (starting) 10 transit insurance charge add-on somewhere but gave up after several loops.

http://www.tnt.com/express/en_gb/sit..._services.html

It's easiest to dial telesales on 08451 247 365 for a quote or price check. I get the impression that TNT don't welcome casual trade, and prefer regular high-volume corporate customers.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

SD Regular
    Ah well, I think possibly not the same as a section 1 rifle. For two reason if it is soft point it will be classed as section 5. That is fact. And because it is an "explosive". Yes we all know hat it won't explode but unfortunately that is how it is categorised. But as the other responder says I'd call TNT and Fed-Ex just to check.

so how did I get a box of 200 rounds sent the same price as a rifle in two packages of the same consignment? cock up or oversight?

is powder the same increased cost then?

Yep. Join the non exclusive club
    i just shipped a rifle up to yorkshire

quote was 15 it actually turned in at 37 pounds. 22 pounds more than quoted.

yer just can't win sometimes

phil

Ammo classed as exposive class 1.4 so it is different to sending a rifle However 55 is a bit steep

MM is quite right-the same as shotgun cartridges.

F