Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Telegraph - Handgun poll

I saw this thread (it is now 18 months after JabaliHunter started it), referenced off the latest Daily Mail one and thought that I would see how the Telegraph poll ended up:
    Yes 72.62% 133,421 votes
    No 27.38% 50,299 votes
    Total Votes: 183,720
    Last edited by Oh6; 17-08-2015 at 16:33.

Great to see that sort of support! Its about time we had a sensible discussion about shooting sports rather than the usual crazy hyperbole and sensationalism that usually gets thrown around.

The handgun ban did nothing to prevent criminals and simply just stopped the law abiding hobbyists. But then we all knew that at the time hehe!

Hopefully the powers that be listen to this sort of thing, but TBH I'm not holding my breath...

Its over 70% in favour now.

Having practical experience of living in countries that have legal handgun usage and here in the UK where they are banned, I can without a shadow of doubt state that the UK has done the right thing.

How about the next time you see a bit of road rage, imagine that the raging idiot in the other car has a loaded handgun with him... Been there, seen that, not a nice experience at all.

For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Having practical experience of living in countries that have legal handgun usage and here in the UK where they are banned, I can without a shadow of doubt state that the UK has done the right thing.

How about the next time you see a bit of road rage, imagine that the raging idiot in the other car has a loaded handgun with him... Been there, seen that, not a nice experience at all.
    If we were to get our pistols back,why do you think we would drive with them in the car loaded.
    We don't carry our rifles/shotguns loaded-it's naughty.

Who needs anti's with that sort of mentality within the legally held shooting community..

Ridiculous statement, if a legitimate fac owner was of the mind to carry a loaded handgun in the car theyd also think nothing of carrying a loaded rifle..
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

SD Regular
    I stopped taking the Daily Telegraph nearly three years ago. The political commentator, Simon Heffer, is another 'Tory 'toff' who believes that use riff raff should ONLY be allowed shot guns. The paper is more and more 'all Countryfile' it is attitudes I fear...

Having practical experience of living in countries that have legal handgun usage and here in the UK where they are banned
    I've only ever lived in the UK, and before 1996 Firearms Certificate holders were allowed lawfully to possess handguns.

How about the likelihood of this not having been reduced at all by the banning of lawful handgun ownership in this country.

There doesn't seem to be a shortage of handguns in criminal hands here.