Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: West Mercia......!

West Mercia......!

Finally, after just over four months, had my FEO visit for change of force, on Monday. Oh, that's after he arrived without an appointment, left me a very poorly worded letter informing that he'd tried to make contact but couldn't (try phoning or emailing....!)
    He was happy with everything and asked for my SGC & FAC, I told him I needed my FAC as I was stalking on Friday. Today I had a voicemail from the office saying that they couldn't do anything until they receive my FAC...! Oh and that she'd deal with when she gets back off holiday on the 18th Feb.....!
    am I right in thinking they I'm within my rights to wait until I have new FAC, then post them my old one?

Dom

Quote Originally Posted by Cry Havoc View Post
    Finally, after just over four months, had my FEO visit for change of force, on Monday. Oh, that's after he arrived without an appointment, left me a very poorly worded letter informing that he'd tried to make contact but couldn't (try phoning or emailing....!)
    He was happy with everything and asked for my SGC & FAC, I told him I needed my FAC as I was stalking on Friday. Today I had a voicemail from the office saying that they couldn't do anything until they receive my FAC...! Oh and that she'd deal with when she gets back off holiday on the 18th Feb.....!
    am I right in thinking they I'm within my rights to wait until I have new FAC, then post them my old one?

Dom
    I dont quite understand Dom, were you renewing or asking for a variation?
    As far as i know a change of force is not a reason to have to change your FAC!

Ian.

Never ceases to amaze me the different experiences depending on what force you are under!

last year I moved from Essex to suffolk, sent a letter informing Essex that I had moved.... A week later I received from suffolk police new fac and sgc issued ( including aolq even tho I didn't ask for it!). I was requested to send in my fac and sgc to suffolk my now defunct Essex Certs, and to inform them where my cabinet was located and what size/type it was.

no visit from Suffolk and tbh a very timely and efficient service. Why can't all forces be up to this standard?

Ian it was just a change of force area, no variation or change to conditions. He did quiz me a little on hold 600 for each of the CF slots I have. My query is do I need to send it in before I have a new one issued or not, how am I covered if I go out shooting?

Dom

Ian it was just a change of force area, no variation or change to conditions. He did quiz me a little on hold 600 for each of the CF slots I have. My query is do I need to send it in before I have a new one issued or not, how am I covered if I go out shooting?

Dom
    basc as recommend holding onto your old one until you receive the new.

http://basc.org.uk/wp-content/plugin...load.php?id=47

Hi Dom,
    west mercia do always ask for the FAC to be returned first, not sure why but i have always returned it. Just buy any ammo you need before you return it as it may be a little while befor it comes back again.

atb
    simon

SD Regular
    You are well within your rights to retain your FAC until a replacement is issued. You've met requirements with informing them - and how else are you expected to purchase ammo etc?

I had exactly this when I moved to the area a few years ago (including the impromptu visit - they're known for it apparently). I just kept my original, much at the displeasure do the FEO, along with a copy of the note sent informing them of the change of address until they finally got round to sending out the new one. I actually drove the old one over to Malvern, where I was told in the post would be fine.....! To be fair, they've been pretty good since and I have a number of shooting acquaintances who have received a quick and efficient service from them.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Dom
    Dom you are not obliged to surrender your current FAC to your new force untill it expires, all you need to do by law is inform your old issuing force of any change of permanent address.

Ian.

there with warrickshire now so dont expect it to get any quicker or easier