Thread: .22-250 neck sizing should I or should'nt I?

.22-250 neck sizing should I or should'nt I?

Hello Reloaders

I have always full length sized both my .308 cases and my .22-250 cases.
    but just reading my Nosler Reloading guide 6 page 117 for you that have it and it states:
    “due to the tapered body of the .22-250, cases are prone to stretch when full length sized between firings. Case life can be extended dramatically by using a neck sizing die”

Anyone on here neck size there .22-250 brass? Is this a good idea or not? Will I have to alter my load because of diferent pressures the neck sized case already being fire formed not swelling the case like a full length sized one?

Might pick me up a neck sizing die at shooting show if many people neck size and don't have any problems
    Steve
    Last edited by SecretStalker.308; 01-02-2014 at 00:58.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretStalker.308 View Post
    Hello Reloaders

I have always full length sized both my .308 cases and my .22-250 cases.
    but just reading my Nosler Reloading guide 6 page 117 for you that have it and it states:
    “due to the tapered body of the .22-250, cases are prone to stretch when full length sized between firings. Case life can be extended dramatically by using a neck sizing die”

Anyone on here neck size there .22-250 brass? Is this a good idea or not? Will I have to alter my load because of diferent pressures the neck sized case already being fire formed not swelling the case like a full length sized one?

Might pick me up a neck sizing die at shooting show if many people neck size and don't have any problems
    Steve
    Well, you can try it by just backing out your FL die a bit so that it just neck sizes the case.~Muir

I partial size my 22-250 brass as Muir suggests... I full length size about every 3 or 4th reloading...brass lasts a long time that way.. I partial size for most of the stuff I reload..you really don't have to have a neck sizing die.. I do have a couple necks sizing dies...I don't bother using them...just partial resize with my full length dies..

Zee