Thread: 30-06 tika problem

30-06 tika problem

i loaded up some 150 spitzers with 62grains of reloader 19 , now the first round i fired was fine and extracted no problem however when i went to chamber the next round it was fine then after fireing it didnt extract ?
    now all my brass is trimmed back to the standard 2.48 in length the oal bullet lenght is 3.247 which is fine however they are not extracting and also there a bit tight going into the chamber?
    i noticed on the first couple that i fired that there was slight bit of rust on my brass after extraction using my cleaning rod?
    i have also tried chambering just a piece of preped brass to see how far it would go without pushing it in it leaves scuffs around .5 of and inch on the brass after i insert the bolt and chamber the round properly?
    i checked my 270 parker hale i was load a round into the chamber by hand with it and it goes in sweet as a nut no problem , why doesnt it do it with my tika?
    i should also point out it is a new barrel which has only fired 200 rounds i was told when i bought this rifle and this is the first time ive used it since buying the rifle

help?
    LIVE AND LET LIVE! THERES ALWAYS ANOTHER DAY!

Quote Originally Posted by robert1666 View Post
    slight bit of rust on my brass after extraction using my cleaning rod?
    Right there is your problem, there should be no rust in the chamber.

should also point out it is a new barrel which has only fired 200 rounds i was told when i bought this rifle and this is the first time ive used it since buying the rifle

help?
    Have you been told a porky, or is your storage suspect, so causing the rust.
    I suggest a very good clean, and have a good look at the chamber.
    Good luck.

Neil.

ive no way of checking the barrel looks ok from looking through it at the light again though dunno where the rust is coming from definately a new barrel its shiny silver lol i actually bought it from the lad on this site he had it advertised before xmas

ive no way of checking the barrel looks ok from looking through it at the light again though dunno where the rust is coming from definately a new barrel its shiny silver lol i actually bought it from the lad on this site he had it advertised before xmas
    The brass was FL resized? New with the rifle??~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    The brass was FL resized? New with the rifle??~Muir

full length sized and trimmed to spec,

full length sized and trimmed to spec,
    Hmmm. I can see all kinds of reasons that would explain the cases chambering hard, but not extracting after firing is an odd one. Does the extractor pull off of the rim? Or can't you retract the bolt? I wonder at the rust issue. A good cleaning should have that gone.~Muir

PS: This is an odd ball question, but based on something I ran into recently. Is your ejector plunger on the bolt face free to travel without binding?