Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl

Super Bowl

Does anyone in the UK watch the Super Bowl? It's the American football championship game. Our media always mentions there are close to a billion viewers each year. That seems like a stretch considering American football is not very popular globally. Anybody watch it there?

On the flip side soccer is very popular in the US as a sport to play but its not popular as a professional sport. The World Cup is really the only time Americans watch any soccer.

American football is gaining popularity in the uk. Super Bowl will be live on sky tv, talk sport radio, and I think channel 4tv. Channel 4 broadcast a live match every Sunday night.

I've watched every Superbowl since XX, when The Bears won with #34 Walter "Sweetness" Payton, and #72 William "The Refrigerator" Perry.

To be fair, I've fallen asleep in front of quite a few though!
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Is that the game similar to rugby only you can throw the ball forward and they wear crash helmets : no don't watch it personally

Quote Originally Posted by Stingercargill View Post
    Is that the game similar to rugby only you can throw the ball forward and they wear crash helmets : no don't watch it personally

Lol yep lol

I don't even watch it. I annoy the hell out of football fans by saying, "There's a game today?? Who's playing??"~Muir

College football is wildly popular in the US. I went to the University of Tennessee and our college team plays in a stadium that seats 102,000 making it the 6th largest stadium in the world. I enjoy college football more than the NFL. Here's my team's field...Tennessee "Volunteers" or Tennessee "Vols".

Quote Originally Posted by UTGrad View Post
    College football is wildly popular in the US. I went to the University of Tennessee and our college team plays in a stadium that seats 102,000 making it the 6th largest stadium in the world. I enjoy college football more than the NFL. Here's my team's field...Tennessee "Volunteers" or Tennessee "Vols".

Fair play mate, something I always liked about american sports seems they always get there schools / colleges giving them alot of support

I watched it when it was first aired in the UK in about 1982 ish when Mick Luckhurst fronted it on channel 4. Only watch it sporadically since but the Superbowl is on way to late in the UK for me to watch it.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

FYI if anyone was wondering the championship game will be the Denver Broncos vs the Seattle Sea Hawks.