Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Better balanced silencer

Better balanced silencer

I have the Ase Utra Compact on my Remy 700 semi custom. Whilst good it does feel like a brick at the end of the gun / the rocket on the stick .
    Can anyone recommend a thinner mod which hangs more over the barrel?

If you are going to the shooting show have a look at the hardy gen 4 cracking bit of kit and so light .

Third Eye Tactical http://www.thirdeyetactical.com/moderators.html

They will have a stand at the shooting show

I would highly recommend the AimZonic compact, really small and well balanced (250g).
    Plus a 5 year warranty.

If you have the budget (and they are pricey) have a look at the offerings from Lawrence Precision. Made of Titanium so as light as they come but with better noise attenuation than pretty much anything else. Simon Lawrence makes a number of models, none of them feel like a lump on the end of the barrel. Hard to justify the cost initially but they come with a lifetime guarantee and they are very beautiful...

Quote Originally Posted by blaire View Post
    I have the Ase Utra Compact on my Remy 700 semi custom. Whilst good it does feel like a brick at the end of the gun / the rocket on the stick .
    Can anyone recommend a thinner mod which hangs more over the barrel?
    I have just been through this process for my .243. I have settled on the A-Tech Maxim which I bought used but nearly new for 150. It is the strippable type and some of our members have had trouble with them. The sections will seize together unless you apply copper slip grease or similar to the threads. Having said that I have been unable to move one set of threads so far, but all the others are ok.
    It is so much lighter than my T4 and has made a considerable difference to the balance of the rifle. It is not so quiet as the T4 but on the .243 perfectly ok and I am pleased with the weight/noise trade-off. I have also changed to a lighter weight scope.
    It is not the lightest moderator but it is slim and adds four inches to the overall length. So far I am happy with my purchase.
    I have not tried it on the 30-06 but suspect that it would be rather noisy as the barrel is only 20''. Having said that my pal uses one on his .270 and the sound is perfectly ok, so I may be unduly pessimistic. You will find that some moderators come with eye-watering price tags.

My ASE Utra SL5 is tiny and very light compared to my other ASE Utra S5. Works just as well though!
    MS

+1 for the Atec Maxim, use it on both my 243 and 6.5x55 , still fairly well balanced. I stopped stripping and cleaning it 1000's of rounds ago, not seized but it never seemed to get that bad so I just leave it alone

Another vote for Third Eye Tactical. Got them on .223 and 6.5x55. Folks cannot believe how quiet they are. Light and compact. Sweet.