rifle basix triggers

nuttyspaniel

Ive been wanting to replace the trigger in my winchester for a bit now. I would prefer a jewel but un-fortunately things are not going to plan. Now rifle basix are only £75 which appeals at the moment. Anybody use 1 and what are they like??

Cheers
Nutty

Got one on my rem 700 - it's very good , the trigger on my win mod 70 is excellent , is there something wrong with yours ?

:old:

Got one on my rem 700 - it's very good , the trigger on my win mod 70 is excellent , is there something wrong with yours ?

:old:

Cheers. I find Im concentrating more on my trigger pull with this rifle. Thats something Ive never had to with any other rifle Ive owned. Dont get me wrong the triggers fine but just not quite there for myself.

Nutty

Have one on my Savage Model 25: works very much better than the standard AccuTrigger (which is god awful) and easy'ish to install and set up.

I bought mine direct...cost very little compared to UK Ltd sources.

Have one on my Savage Model 25: works very much better than the standard AccuTrigger (which is god awful) and easy'ish to install and set up.

I bought mine direct...cost very little compared to UK Ltd sources.

Cheers. Strange thing personal taste. I loved the accu- trigger on my savage. I found it light and crisp.

Nutty

I loved the accu- trigger on my savage. I found it light and crisp.

Nutty

I found it gritty and draggy and then found the Achilles heal: if one releases the trigger when inserting the bolt on the Model 25 it allows the sear to slip into the indent just behind the bolt head and then the "safety feature" kicks in and locks the bolt solid.
Fortunately it was a on a range day when I found this out and a friend had a full set of Allen Keys that allowed me to strip the shitty thing, punch out the trigger pins to remove bolt and then replace all the bits... What good design I cried to the skies and surfed the web for better options.

Funny how these gun reviewers NEVER have an issue and this was outing number 3...

Ive been wanting to replace the trigger in my winchester for a bit now. I would prefer a jewel but un-fortunately things are not going to plan. Now rifle basix are only £75 which appeals at the moment. Anybody use 1 and what are they like??

Cheers
Nutty

Who's doing them for £75? I want two for my Remmy 700's

Rimfire magic bud. Remember though Ive.a winchester there may be a difference in price between different models.

Nutty

I have three, one on each of my Winny Model 70's and one on my CZ HMR, all very nice indeed, really crisp release. I ordered direct from the states, good guys to deal with. About £76 if bought direct, worth every penny.

Last edited:
Heya Mutley, am wondering about dropping one into my CZ527 .223Rem. Did yours work well?

ATB,

Scrummy

Heya Mutley, am wondering about dropping one into my CZ527 .223Rem. Did yours work well?

ATB,

Scrummy

They are all an improvement over the originals. The spring kit improved the CZ Hummer a bit, but the RB took it to a new level. A great improvement for not a lot of money.

Cheers Mutley!

I shall shoot the CZ a bit more before making my decision but looking increasingly likely.

ATB,

Scrummy

The Jewel is supposed to be the "jewel" of triggers, having had both i think the Rifle Basix is just as good and in some ways better (trigger width)

Ian.

Nutty !

I have a Winchester Jewel for sale make PM me your best offer. You know its way better than a Basix

ATB
Coldweld

Back