Thread: looking for a capercaillie hunt

looking for a capercaillie hunt

Hi guys!
    I am looking for a Caper swap hunt. I can offer you a hunt in Slovenia: 2 trophy roe bucks (+ yearlings). If thats not an option, i would be thankful if you can suggest some good, not too expensive options for a capercaillie hunt.

Also: i can arrange/help you guys with hunts in Slovenia on different game, directly with state PH and local hunting communities, the prices are lower than going thru agencies. I am not an agent/outfitter, dont take any fees... Just hunters companionship =)

We don't hunt capercaillie in the uk, you may have to look further afield.......
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

I know. I am hoping to get response from Scandinavians, Russians, Eastern Europeans or someone from UK that has been on a capercaillie hunt before (might share a connection). Ive seen from previous threads that there are such people here.
    I apologise if im in the wrong forum, please mods delete my thread.

Best, Nejc

Quote Originally Posted by nejcp View Post
    Hi guys!
    I am looking for a Caper swap hunt. I can offer you a hunt in Slovenia: 2 trophy roe bucks (+ yearlings). If thats not an option, i would be thankful if you can suggest some good, not too expensive options for a capercaillie hunt.

Also: i can arrange/help you guys with hunts in Slovenia on different game, directly with state PH and local hunting communities, the prices are lower than going thru agencies. I am not an agent/outfitter, dont take any fees... Just hunters companionship =)

Google 'Axehandle Mountain Sweden' and send an email to Graham. He is former UK soldier who may be able to advise. He won't want to swap, but may be able to provide details of local hunt contact.

I have been out with him ferrying fisherman etc to the wilds of the Norwegian/Swedish border.

Stunning part of Sweden.

Good luck.

Thanks for advice Pointer.
    I have found a good hunting opportunity near my homeland, in Bosnia. The hunt takes place in spring, during mating season. The price for an all inclusive hunt and a bag of 1 capercaillie is 1200euros. Anyone interested?

Caper in Bosnia - that's news to me. Sweden would be my first place to look but good luck. There are so few left in UK (Scotland) that they say there is insufficient gene pool to breed enough vigour. Too many vermin - protected by law - pine martin especially for a ground nesting bird.
    Got any short hunts end Feb or April ?

Quote Originally Posted by deerpath View Post
    Too many vermin - protected by law - pine martin especially
    I take serious issue with that!

Deerpath: Bosnia has some pristine forests, with very good populations of caper. I will be going in April if I find one or two guys to join me. My connection, a local hunter and his hunting community after some negotiation lowered the price a bit more. So for 1000 euros you get: 1 male caper, guide, all transport during the hunt, 3 nights stay in a hotel with breakfast,... They guarantee you to take a caper in 3 days hunting. if you dont, an additional day costs you only the hotel- some 30euros per night. Thats 850 pounds with everything included except getting there.

This started as a request for a swap hunt and has turned into a Trade advert for a paid hunt so I'm closing it.