Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: 180gr SP in 30cal what are available and what to you recommend

  1. #1

    180gr SP in 30cal what are available and what to you recommend

    I want to reload some 180grain SP for Boar in 30-06
    Could you guys recommend anything that you use, but more important, is available at the moment in the UK
    Many Thanks In advance
    TH
    Humans are pre wired with fight or flight response
    Great Grandad fought, Grandad fought.
    For the sake of my Grandchild I wish for Less Flight responses entering Europe

  2. #2
    Sierra round nose soft point 180gn, can't think of the number now but it shouldn't be hard to find.
    I've used them in .308 and 30-06 to good effect, in the past !!
    The back end of last season was disappointing and this year was very disappointing but I can assure you they do work on driven Boar, which are usually taken between, off the barrel end to fifty yards !!
    Last edited by EMcC; 05-02-2014 at 19:10.

  3. #3
    im using 185 lapua maga's over 59gn N560 in my 30-06 and im sure the load would work with 200gn sierra gamekings as well !

    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

    please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

  4. #4
    Lapua Megas and Norma Oryx for me in 185gr and 200gr
    both very well made and plenty strong enough for hairy pigs

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    Sierra round nose soft point 180gn, can't think of the number now but it shouldn't be hard to find.
    I've used them in .308 and 30-06 to good effect, in the past !!
    The back end of last season was disappointing and this year was very disappointing but I can assure you they do work on driven Boar, which are usually taken between, off the barrel end to fifty yards !!
    Kranks have them in stock 22.40 per 100.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Trufflehunting View Post
    I want to reload some 180grain SP for Boar in 30-06
    Could you guys recommend anything that you use, but more important, is available at the moment in the UK
    Many Thanks In advance
    TH
    whilst I don't shoot swine, I am in no doubt the 180g partition is one of the most effective bullets I've ever used in 30cal, and it would be an excellent killer for your purposes, AND, are readily available in the UK.

  7. #7
    partitions are the daddy...

  8. #8

  9. #9
    We have sierra , nosler accubond and Hornady 180 grains on the shelf . These will be at the british shooting show. I would advise to hurry if you want any as orders are coming in fast.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by brock and norris View Post
    We have sierra , nosler accubond and Hornady 180 grains on the shelf . These will be at the british shooting show. I would advise to hurry if you want any as orders are coming in fast.
    Will you have any 7mm 150 grain accubonds there out of interest, hoping to make it up there if I can.

Similar Threads

  1. Privi 30-06 180gr
    By Mullycap in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-07-2013, 13:02
  2. Wanted Berger 180gr hunting vlds
    By Pirate hunter in forum Reloading
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 30-05-2013, 16:19
  3. Difference between 150,165 and 180gr in 308
    By big ears in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 23-03-2013, 17:49
  4. What 308 powder for 180gr?
    By Boarboy in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 14-12-2012, 13:09
  5. For Sale Sierra .308 180gr GameKings
    By SimonC in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22-07-2011, 13:24

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •