Thread: tikka t3 stainless coating

tikka t3 stainless coating

hello. i am going to get my t3 coated in the next few weeks. proballey via jager on this site. i remember reading back along that the stainless tikkas are not actualy stainless and are coated, is this true? my rifle is blued and if it was the case i would like a similar coating that is used on the stainless modles. also how hard wearing is cerakote? does it scratch etc? the rifle is my bang around rifle for shooting from the truck so want something hard wearng and that wont matter if it got wet. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tomm View Post
    hello. i am going to get my t3 coated in the next few weeks. proballey via jager on this site. i remember reading back along that the stainless tikkas are not actualy stainless and are coated, is this true? my rifle is blued and if it was the case i would like a similar coating that is used on the stainless modles. also how hard wearing is cerakote? does it scratch etc? the rifle is my bang around rifle for shooting from the truck so want something hard wearng and that wont matter if it got wet. thanks
    i always thought they where stainless on the tikka. i know the stainless looking cz styles are not stainless but a type of nickle plate?

They are a form of stainless but not surgical stainless. They will sometimes have pin ***** size rust spots. I enquired at GMK and there response was it was 'normal'.

Hope per that helps a little. Can't comment on the coating side of things.

Jonathon

Well I can only comment on Cerakote and that is, I tried to scratch two Cerakoted pipes by banging them together. Well I did manage to mark one of the pipes until I rubbed the mark of with the palm of my hand. Mark gone and coating not compromised!

A very impressive hard coating, will definitely be doing two of my rifles in the near future.