Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heym sr20n info

Heym sr20n info

Found a rather nice rifle and i would like some information and opinions if anyone has any experience with the heym sr20n ....cheers

Quote Originally Posted by exmarksman9870 View Post
    Found a rather nice rifle and i would like some information and opinions if anyone has any experience with the heym sr20n ....cheers
    I like them. Solid, accurate and will outlast you and much nicer than most things for the same sorts of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Heym SR20 View Post
    I like them. Solid, accurate and will outlast you and much nicer than most things for the same sorts of money.
    cheers mate ..do you onow what the n stands for in the model name...

Heym rifles are superb in quality and accuracy. ! have two Heym rifles one a MINT SR20 in .270 win and the other an SR21 in .308 win.
    I have owned other SR20's in .30-06 and 7x57 neither of which I can honestly say I should ever have sold. I think it could be true to say once you have owned a Heym you always will.
    The SR20 is a superb rifle the N depicts the model type i.e stock shape etc if it is a nice one buy it.
    The ORDNANCE QF 18 pounder Field Gun......I wonder if they will let me have one of these on an open ticket

Hi, I owned a left hand Heym SR20N in 7x57 for nearly 20 years. Great gun, krupp barrel was super accurate with Norma factory ammo. Very smooth action and lovely rifle to carry. Fit and finish was superb.

Introduced 1975. Originally Heym made parts for the Mauser 3000 and 4000 range. This arrangement came to an abrupt halt leaving Heym with a significant supply of parts. This was the start of the SR20. Original chamberings were 5.6x57, 243, 6.5x55, 6.5x57, 270, 7x57, 7x64, 308, 3006, 9.3x62. Length 113cm. Barrel 60cm. Weight 3.2kg.

The sr20n is formal for standard action with whereas the M version is for the magnum cartridges. Regardless of calibre they are all a long action, but short action cartridges have a spacer at the back of the magazine. Two principle styles of stock - a straight comb classic style, and a more continental Monte Carlo type. They have fixed magazines with a dropping floor plate that holds five rounds. They a push feed action with a very solid extractor claw. Very good triggers, many have a set option as well. Bolt has a detention plunger that holds it in place so the bolt handle doesn't lift on firing. Actions pillar and glass bedded into good straight walnut. And they do left handed ones as well. Beautifully finish in a proper deep rust blue. If you find a good one, and most are good, get hold of it and keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heym SR20 View Post
    The sr20n is formal for standard action with whereas the M version is for the magnum cartridges. Regardless of calibre they are all a long action, but short action cartridges have a spacer at the back of the magazine. Two principle styles of stock - a straight comb classic style, and a more continental Monte Carlo type. They have fixed magazines with a dropping floor plate that holds five rounds. They a push feed action with a very solid extractor claw. Very good triggers, many have a set option as well. Bolt has a detention plunger that holds it in place so the bolt handle doesn't lift on firing. Actions pillar and glass bedded into good straight walnut. And they do left handedi ones as well. Beautifully finish in a proper deep rust blue. If you find a good one, and most are good, get hold of it and keep it.
    I am busy crunching numbers as i intend to buy it....

I have a stutzen in 270, still very accurate. The bolt feels very solid and satisfying when cycled.

Brooklands Holiday Apartments in North Yorkshire
    www.visitbrooklands.co.uk

Find us on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brook...71190506238710

There's one of these in 30-06 in the Classifieds here. Very nice looking rifle.

I have the newer model (SR21) in .308. It's the nicest rifle I've ever shot. Astonishing accuracy and handles beautifully.