Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rhinos escaped

Rhinos escaped

Phone rang this morning at 2am with message from m8 in west Wales telling me that the 2 rhino that thing Richardson keeps had escaped due to trees bringing down the fence, then got updated to say they had been spotted in a garden, lol, when she applied to have them she had to purchase two suitable calibre rifles 1 for keeper, etc but can they realy shoot them lawfully?
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

SD Regular
    Wonder what the Immobilon dose would be for a Rhino?! Needles would struggle to penetrate the hide, I bet......
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

I've just heard that they have them bk in an enclosure & miss Richardson is playing it down big time however their house is also damaged by falling trees apparently, & I would still like to know the legality of them being shot?
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

Quote Originally Posted by CWMMAN3738 View Post
    Phone rang this morning at 2am with message from m8 in west Wales
    I'd be more annoyed at a mate ringing me at 2am to tell me something that could wait until a more reasonable hour!

I'm on my way with the Hornet.

Job done!

K

It's fine as many will know I don't sleep much he knows this.
    Quote Originally Posted by stalker.308 View Post
    I'd be more annoyed at a mate ringing me at 2am to tell me something that could wait until a more reasonable hour!

.22 rimfire is more than adequate for dispatching anything....... apparently........

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry270 View Post
    .22 rimfire is more than adequate for dispatching anything....... apparently........
    I would prefer the 17hmr in this instance though....
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

I have .375H&H on open ticket but apparently this is Shhhhh overkill.....

Quote Originally Posted by CWMMAN3738 View Post
    Phone rang this morning at 2am with message from m8 in west Wales telling me that the 2 rhino that thing Richardson keeps had escaped due to trees bringing down the fence, then got updated to say they had been spotted in a garden, lol, when she applied to have them she had to purchase two suitable calibre rifles 1 for keeper, etc but can they realy shoot them lawfully?
    Yes to ensure public safety, after all that is what the certificate was issued for. It's pretty much standard practise with zoos. I'm not sure of the actual wording on the certificate but I think it's fair to say that shooting is an absolute last resort.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.