lower priced stalking???

Hi, I'm new to this site and hope to learn a lot (have posted an introduction thread). I'm basically a new stalker and have only having taken 1 deer so far, which was a CWD doe, and I'm looking for my next. I'm fine just shooting does for the time being and feel no need to get bucks/stags or trophies, though obviously I will in the future when I can afford it. I'm based in Leicestershire and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction for low priced stalking? I've heard deer parks can be good for this type of thing, though I may be wrong?

Any help would be much appreciated. I have a valid FAC and insurance, though the only rife I own is a rimfire, so I would need to borrow a firearm on the day.

Welcome to the site. Lower priced stalking, much depends on what you call lower price. Most outings are between £65 and £90 any less than that and you will be lucky to find it, and if it is that cheap I would take a good look at what it involves first.

Stalking is not getting any cheaper, and in the past years I have never seen such a dramatic rise in people wishing to take deer stalking up. There are plenty of good guys on here offering reasonable stalking so I would start there first.

ATB

Sikamalc

Welcome to the site. Lower priced stalking, much depends on what you call lower price. Most outings are between £65 and £90 any less than that and you will be lucky to find it, and if it is that cheap I would take a good look at what it involves first.

Stalking is not getting any cheaper, and in the past years I have never seen such a dramatic rise in people wishing to take deer stalking up. There are plenty of good guys on here offering reasonable stalking so I would start there first.

ATB

Sikamalc

Exactly as above cheapest is not always best, and as said you will not go far wrong by checking out the guys on here.

Thanks for the replies. I'm actually seeing my FEO soon, so I shall have a word about getting a deer rifle and doing the DSC1. I do fancy a red or fallow doe in the meantime though.

Back