Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: browning Tbolt in 17HMR ?????

browning Tbolt in 17HMR ?????

Hi Guys

im looking at buying a browning t bolt in 17 hmr has anyone got one or used one , any advise welcome good or bad ?????

ATB

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by 223 View Post
    Hi Guys

im looking at buying a browning t bolt in 17 hmr has anyone got one or used one , any advise welcome good or bad ?????

ATB

Dave
    the singing stalker had one, in fact may still have the replacement after the "oopsie" with the first one
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

I replaced it with a CZ. The t-bolt was an almost lovely rifle.
    good points. Fairly accurate, light, like the magazine and the way a spare is kept on the butt, very fast to reload (but take it from me with a HMR that is not good as you need time to think that the last bullet actually left the chamber. Before you squeeze the trigger. Lol)

bad points.
    heavy trigger, non adjustable below 3.5lbs I think. I like 1.9 lbs.
    when safety is on you can eject a bullet. It is possible to catch the knob and it will open. It happened to me.
    Browning rep attitude. When pointed out that it was a design flaw, the ****ish rep said user error. That raised my hackles a bit.
    sort the trigger and the safety then you would have a great rifle which would be more accurate. Trigger wise I found myself wobbling as I was squeezing the trigger. I am such a delicate little flower.

Oh and when it blew up, it blew out wards, rather than downwards. If my fingers had been back an inch I would have lost some fingers. Apparently I am told that some are designed to blow downwards, but I don't know for sure.

My personal opinion is a flawed rifle that with a bit of work would have been fantastic. But I am sure there are plenty of happy owners out there.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Got one, love it. Only problem is the heavy trigger but you get used to it.

Guns blowing up is a 17HMR faulty ammo thing, I'm sure a CZ will blow up in a similar manner if you try shooting down a blocked barrel.

I have one in .22 and have shot one in .17HMR. I feel that they are a great light-weight, pointable rifle let down by a so-so trigger. In .22, though, you can get away with it because you are shooting at limited distances.

If you intend to push the limits of the .17HMR round, there are better choices to be made. I am not a fan of CZ, but would suggest that a Weihrauch is in spitting distance price-wise.

regards

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by timbeech View Post
    Got one, love it. Only problem is the heavy trigger but you get used to it.

Guns blowing up is a 17HMR faulty ammo thing, I'm sure a CZ will blow up in a similar manner if you try shooting down a blocked barrel.
    strangely enough one was reported to have had the same problem on airgun BBS today, no injuries thankfully
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Hi I had one for about 12 months but found the stock flimsy and much prefer my cz American with varmint barrel, although the rotary mags were neat. I found the straight pull no advantage over a slick bolt and a shorter but heavy barrel suited my shooting style better. Awesome round though.

I have 1 that wears a Photon - great NV set up, light & accurate - can carry it miles when out mooching after dark !

I had one for a short while, really enjoyed it. The only reason I didn't like it, and thus traded for a CZ was that I didn't see it as a functional work rifle due to the issue with the bolt.

When loaded and safety on, you could still operate the bolt which when the rifle was slung over my back on my quad, I had numerous rounds eject on me without me knowing. I was a full time keeper so couldn't afford to be crawling round the estate looking for rounds. If your just looking for a 'part time' bunny basher, its a brilliant rifle!

Quote Originally Posted by woollyback View Post
    I had one for a short while, really enjoyed it. The only reason I didn't like it, and thus traded for a CZ was that I didn't see it as a functional work rifle due to the issue with the bolt.

When loaded and safety on, you could still operate the bolt which when the rifle was slung over my back on my quad, I had numerous rounds eject on me without me knowing. I was a full time keeper so couldn't afford to be crawling round the estate looking for rounds. If your just looking for a 'part time' bunny basher, its a brilliant rifle!
    Apparently its user error mate....
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .