Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shooting cinema sweden

shooting cinema sweden

here's a short clip from a cinema in sweden it took a few shots to get my eye in on the new sako but settled in

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

I'd love to have a go in one of these places.

I had a go on one of these in Belgium before our boar shoot in France, great fun!

they are superb i would like one set up in the uk but they are costly, this one was just getting set up for handgun scenarios later this year. I could have spent every night in here, we passed another cinema out in the middle of a forest on our way to hunt.

uksha
    or find us on facebook

Thanks for posting the clip and starting the thread.

Having seen how fast, how much, and how often shooters' performance improves on simulators of this sort, even with those that use lasers rather than live rounds, it seems a shame that there aren't -to my knowledge- any to train on in the UK.

They are demonstrated quite frequently at shows, but I'm not aware of any shops, shooting grounds, or outfitters capitalising on them as as sideline.

ISTM that there's a lot of potential in them for ammo, optics and even firearms sales, as well as for happy hunters and cleanly-killed game; but I don't know whether their absence is down to a lack of awareness of their mere existence, let alone their potential benefits, or to financial models that appear to lack viability, or to planning and or genuine bureaucratic constraints (HO approval, H&S, planning, etc. - particularly in the case of live-fire cine ranges of the sort featured here).

Have the gentlemen of the BSRC discussed the possibility of setting one up? And if so, were there any substantive objections?
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gain View Post
    Thanks for posting the clip and starting the thread.

Having seen how fast, how much, and how often shooters' performance improves on simulators of this sort, even with those that use lasers rather than live rounds, it seems a shame that there aren't -to my knowledge- any to train on in the UK.

They are demonstrated quite frequently at shows, but I'm not aware of any shops, shooting grounds, or outfitters capitalising on them as as sideline.

ISTM that there's a lot of potential in them for ammo, optics and even firearms sales, as well as for happy hunters and cleanly-killed game; but I don't know whether their absence is down to a lack of awareness of their mere existence, let alone their potential benefits, or to financial models that appear to lack viability, or to planning and or genuine bureaucratic constraints (HO approval, H&S, planning, etc. - particularly in the case of live-fire cine ranges of the sort featured here).

Have the gentlemen of the BSRC discussed the possibility of setting one up? And if so, were there any substantive objections?
    I totally agree I would have thought even with the initial outlay needed these would be able to make the money back, you would think also that police would use this type of training also, in europe these cinemas are all over the place and are used regulary and these also have facility to calibrate your scope to screen and to me its a winner on all fronts like you say you could use it to try the latest rifles and gear to buy as well as pay to play , atb wayne

uksha
    or find us on facebook

wayne out of interest how much would a set up cost? I believe there is a running Boar at Minsterly ranges, Shropshire.

http://www.promatic.co.uk/Running_Boar.htm if you had your own range or ground you could have one of these.

I have seen the ones on pully,s and various wires but these are on one plane and do not show you how far in front or behind you are unlike the cinema so you learn really quickly.
    The cinemas have unlimited scenarios built in running away running at you and turning at the last second not to mention dogs coming out and walkers this to me would be an ideal solution for dsc scenario as you could put safe unsafe shots in and ask questions these cinemas have unlimited uses even for pheasant and ducks if thats your thing,atb wayne

uksha
    or find us on facebook

Quote Originally Posted by mereside View Post
    I have seen the ones on pully,s and various wires but these are on one plane and do not show you how far in front or behind you are unlike the cinema so you learn really quickly.
    The cinemas have unlimited scenarios built in running away running at you and turning at the last second not to mention dogs coming out and walkers this to me would be an ideal solution for dsc scenario as you could put safe unsafe shots in and ask questions these cinemas have unlimited uses even for pheasant and ducks if thats your thing,atb wayne

well i can see the various uses for the cinema but how much do you reckon to set one up? Have you looked into it?