Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how hard wearing is cerakote

how hard wearing is cerakote

hello, i have 90% decided to get jager to cerakote my tikka t3 blued. now i use the rifle for shooting from the truck and foxing etc. the rifle does get banged and scratched. not hard but brambles, landrover window, highseats etc. i just wanted to ask anyone who has had it done how they are getting on. will it stand up to this treatment? the videos on youtube say yes but they are trying to sell it so i take it with a pinch of salt. so if anyone has had i done could let me know how they find it and if they have managed to scratch it, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tomm View Post
    hello, i have 90% decided to get jager to cerakote my tikka t3 blued. now i use the rifle for shooting from the truck and foxing etc. the rifle does get banged and scratched. not hard but brambles, landrover window, highseats etc. i just wanted to ask anyone who has had it done how they are getting on. will it stand up to this treatment? the videos on youtube say yes but they are trying to sell it so i take it with a pinch of salt. so if anyone has had i done could let me know how they find it and if they have managed to scratch it, thanks
    Tomm,

Nice to see your trust in "Jager" who, after all, will be doing the work once you settle down

Stan

holds up fine if you need any help try youtube

had mine done by james it gets bashed getting in high seat and truck still ok.

I left a moderator with James today for coating.
    And being the tackle tart that I am, a few fishing bits to be colour matched

Neil.

Mate I had my .308 and shotgun done. I'll never look back. They get hammered all the time and best of all they are as good as Stainless steel.

Like anything Tomm, clag it hard enough and you'll scratch it, normal wear and tear is acceptable and it copes well.

Ive been applying both Duracoat and Cerakote longer than anyone else. I started this as a business in 2007 and my prices are the cheapest for the service...what I quoted you is double elsewhere.

thanks all. when i asked about cerakote i was not doubting jages ability or workman ship i was refering to the product. i just didnt want to have it done and then scratch it. watching the videos it seems like it will do just fine, thanks all. i will pm you to arange a date. thanks

Ive carried an assault rifle in almost every climate , alloy /plastic and bare steel , it never went rusty or discolored (more than my life was worth if it did!) , my point is do you really need to coat your rifle with what ever or are you just making it look "ally" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Johno100 View Post
    Ive carried an assault rifle in almost every climate , alloy /plastic and bare steel , it never went rusty or discolored (more than my life was worth if it did!) , my point is do you really need to coat your rifle with what ever or are you just making it look "ally" ?
    ditto, 27 yrs in the US Army...

How does one say that, "Tactikool"?

Guess as always it's each to their own...also, neither of you paid for your "job" rifles so whilst you had a duty to look after them I doubt you'd spend money on them. Other people, plenty actually have seen/found benefits of using proprietary coatings on their kit, doesn't have to be Tacticool but functional.