Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shot Show - New Swarovski Ballistic Turret

Shot Show - New Swarovski Ballistic Turret

Some news reported by Cameraland (NYC, USA) from the Shot Show for those with Swarovski Ballistic Turrets on their scopes -
    "Every ballistic turret can now also be fitted with a cam that has been specially customized for your ballistic data, with your personal shooting distances legibly engraved on it. The custom-made PBC [Personal Ballistic Cam] gives hunters the chance to read several distances instead of the current three markings on the ballistic turret. They can easily read the shooting distance from the personally engraved turret, select the relevant setting in a matter of seconds, and stay on target. You can switch at any time between your personalized ballistic cam and the standard system that uses the rings, without any need for you to sight in the firearm again. The numbers and line markings are also easier to align using the index point. Adhesive labels are no longer needed to mark the distances. You can have a number of distances engraved around the cam, depending on the caliber." The turret has also been upgraded from three piece construction to a one piece making it even more durable. Available Spring 2014 onwards.

I can confirm that i inquired with Swarovski on this subject early Jan this year and they got back to me once the shot show had gone live. They told me that the ballistic cap will be available to order from 12 March 2014.

unfortunitly there was no more info available like price etc, hopefully closer to the time.
    Last edited by Tam the Gun; 07-02-2014 at 14:10. Reason: Mistake

I think it looks better than the current BT system but would like to know how much it costs

I think they're talking around £120

If i remember Gunwerks patented similar (G7 BR2) back in 2006, offering customized, calibrated turrets to suit your preferred ballistics out to about 1300+ yds.

An informative video, but his shooting seems to go to pieces after that bug-hole group (is 2 shots a group?) at "200 yards", and what happened to that check-zero shot exactly?

The PBT system looks OK, but it's not news that there's a lot more to hitting a 600-yard target, especially if it's alive, than a drop-calibrated dial, so I think I prefer the standard ballistic turret - at least it won't give anyone unrealistic ideas.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

Quote Originally Posted by rick6point5 View Post
    If i remember Gunwerks patented similar (G7 BR2) back in 2006, offering customized, calibrated turrets to suit your preferred ballistics out to about 1300+ yds.
    Not sure - I know that Kenton Industries offer them for many scopes, including Zeiss, but never for Swarovski. I guess we know know why Swaro wouldn't license them...

I am defo sure they were not for Swaro, but for a Huskemaw optic, but now they make their own G7 Optics, which by all accounts are excellent, tough and reliable, although not eye candy..

I am thinking of getting a Z6 with BT probably 2.5-15-44 ,the question is ill or plain
    Is illuminated just a sales dream ?

Quote Originally Posted by adrianevo View Post
    I am thinking of getting a Z6 with BT probably 2.5-15-44 ,the question is ill or plain
    Is illuminated just a sales dream ?
    I have 2 Z6i scopes and you will find that the illum dot (especially the small setting one) is great for first and last light as the ret lines are very fine and not that easy to see.