Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 67

Thread: ******* bmw!

  1. #1

    ******* bmw!

    Purchased a brand new BMW X1 4x4 just over a year ago for my wife, our ownership has been a catalogue of repairs and poor service!!

    New timing chain.

    New steering rack.

    New clutch.

    New fly wheel.

    New starter motor.

    Clearly all done under warranty, but for a one year old vehicle!!! It's also the time and inconvenience it causes! We have been very loyal BMW customers over the past 10 years, but it's now time for a change.

    Mildly perplexed and bewildered rant over!

    ATB

    T
    Last edited by thomas; 07-02-2014 at 14:52. Reason: Spelling!!

  2. #2
    KIA or Hyundai.....

  3. #3
    just be glad you didn't buy landrover, that list would be just the opening sentence!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    just be glad you didn't buy landrover, that list would be just the opening sentence!
    I'd be interested to hear of your Landrover experience: age, model, problem/failures, customer service etc.

    Regards,

    Tim

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim1 View Post
    I'd be interested to hear of your Landrover experience: age, model, problem/failures, customer service etc.

    Regards,

    Tim

    oh no, Tim feels insulted and insecure beause of my comment..oh dear! I'm guessing you love your LR and think that the rust peeling off the side panels after 12 months is just adding character?...

    had 4 between 1998 and 2007..no way I'm going to list what went wrong with them all..but customer service,,,What?! LOL...

    since then I've driven 2nd hand volvo's, apart from a short stint with a Jeep GC that was a petrol-a-holic, and JAYB's pajero which is now a retired country/shooting car to avoid wearing it out on the long day journey's to work.
    current volvo (v70) is on 544,000 and apart from a stone chip in the window,,showing no signs of wear.
    LR, no Sir, not again, not Discovery, not Defender, not Range..

    I think Merc, Volvo and Toyota's will probably be my household staples on the car front going forwards.

  6. #6
    Did you buy it a year ago today ?
    Friday afternoon car by the sounds of it.
    Not fit for purpose.......throw it back at them and inform your finance company if you have one of the problem they have with their vehicle
    Last edited by limulus; 07-02-2014 at 15:47. Reason: stupeeed f3kin auto correct
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    oh no, Tim feels insulted and insecure beause of my comment..oh dear! I'm guessing you love your LR and think that the rust peeling off the side panels after 12 months is just adding character?...

    had 4 between 1998 and 2007..no way I'm going to list what went wrong with them all..but customer service,,,What?! LOL...

    since then I've driven 2nd hand volvo's, apart from a short stint with a Jeep GC that was a petrol-a-holic, and JAYB's pajero which is now a retired country/shooting car to avoid wearing it out on the long day journey's to work.
    current volvo (v70) is on 544,000 and apart from a stone chip in the window,,showing no signs of wear.
    LR, no Sir, not again, not Discovery, not Defender, not Range..

    I think Merc, Volvo and Toyota's will probably be my household staples on the car front going forwards.
    Flipping heck, have you put all them on it or at what mileage did you buy it?!!?!

  8. #8
    I thought Land Rovers had aluminium panels. Mine certainly does - and it doesn't rust!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim1 View Post
    I'd be interested to hear of your Landrover experience: age, model, problem/failures, customer service etc.

    Regards,

    Tim
    why ? Do you work for landrover? If so I think I still have the file on my car , although a car has one purpose which is to transport you from a-b , something which my two discoverys comprehensively failed on !
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

  10. #10
    I did have a 320td fot just over 5 years, never again,spent 1000s on it, german crap at its worst,

Similar Threads

  1. For Sale BMW 325i SE
    By Lateral in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19-09-2012, 12:28
  2. For Sale Low Mileage 2005 BMW R1200GS Yellow FSH
    By TASR12 in forum Vehicles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-11-2011, 09:32
  3. Wanted Swap bmw for a 4x4
    By killer in forum Vehicles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-06-2010, 16:41
  4. This is how you pack a 150lb deer into a BMW Z4 convertible.
    By sp4rkman in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 25-11-2008, 23:14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •