Cz rifles

Renico

Anybody got a CZ rifle and how do you like it? Im not talking about the old Brno rifles I got a Brno 601 myself. Im just curious about Cz because they look really good and clean and aint expensive.

Also looking at getting a Cz 22lr, yea im quite in to Cz right now. Cz 550 standard and lux both look really good.

Shot a mates CZ .22 and really liked it. Very accurate. Planning to get rid of my ruger 10\22 for one as my rabbit gun.

Well i have been looking for a .270 for a while now... Looked at cz 550 lux etc...instead i bought an brno zkk 600....the new cz is not a patch on the old hand made rifles.....i bought a brand new cz 452 in 17 hmr great little gun but needed a little work...rubbing stock down to float the barrel and work on the trigger but its a great little rifle....

CZs in all their guises, are probably the best value rifles on the market today. A 452 in either .17hmr or .22 will do all you need it to either on the range or for Bunny bashing. Get a trigger kit (about £12) from rimfire magic and it'll put almost every round through the same hole, once you've got it set up properly.

I have one and like it, especially for the money.
Hate the safety though, its a lever that to me s backwords!

I have one and like it, especially for the money.
Hate the safety though, its a lever that to me s backwords!

i had a small rod welded to my 2 safities on my first 2 cz's worked a treat,

as for the rifles.......................for the cash i have found nothing better in rimfire models, i cant speak about cz cf rifles i have only ever had a 527 in both 222 and 223. and they shot better than me.

bob.

Last edited:
452 varmint brilliant , sold a new 455 17 switch barrel cz to get it nothing wrong just thumbhole a bit too bulky for throwing round 4x4 plus i like classical rifle lines, same style as my 22 anshutz , you wont go wrong with a cz. atb doug.

I have had two CZ's, only sold them recently due to a change in job where my work is all deer so I've gone over to the darkside....6.5mm:

550 in 308, great rifle, no frills but functional.

also, a 455 .22lr thumbhole. fantastic looking rifle, super accurate.

I highly rate CZ, very very rarely go wrong and reasonably priced!

I have had CZ's in .22lr and HMR (several) and have had 527's in .222, .223, .22 Hornet & 7.62x39.
Still got the first 452 American in .22lr, and the .22 Hornet and 7.62 all shoot well and very accurate.
They have been reliable and worked straight from the box, can't ask for more than that.

Neil. :)

i have a cz 455 22lr very nice rifle and accurate too, just ordered a 17hmr barrel for it as it is a switch barrel model.

chris

Honest kit with proven Mauser action - I have 22LR, 22Wmr, .17hmr with long and short heavy and light barrels - loads available second hand so you can wait to choose the combination of barrel length and wood you want (or synthetic) so this has to be the best value platform in Rimfire.

there rimfires are fantastic peices of kit acurate and functional workhorses, ive only ever owned one centrefire of theres a .222 and that to was very acurate the only moan i would have on it tho and this is being very picky was that the bolt seemed to be a bit sticky when in use but this was only a minnor issue and never caused me any problems. i miss my old .222 and somtimes regret selling it and one thing i will say is if you do get a centre fire cz get one with there single set trigger its hands down the best trigger i have every used

As every one else has said. Have a .22lr very accurate great rifle, have 527 in 223. One hole accurate.
dont get put off by price they are great rifles.

Ive had 2 452'2 in HMR and .22lr. I currently have a CZ 527 in 22 Hornet. They have all been much of a likeness, in as much as they are all functional yet not very pretty. Iv'e never had a fail or problem whatsoever. The Hornet is supremely accurate with homeloads.

Worth the money IMHO.

Hope that helps.

I have a cz455 evolution in .22. Accurate enough to target shoot with and great in the field. The only down side is the plastic mags. It doesn't like to feed the last round. If you can get a steel mag from a 452 they are superb rifles.

I have an old BRNO 22lr but only bought it last week so cant comment alot atm.

I have had a CZ 550 in 243 win for the last few years, took my first deer and fox with it. It's not super fancy but it puts the bullet where I am aiming :)

It shoots Privi Partisan 90gr and 100gr rounds in about a 2" group at 100 yards, good enough for me. Maybe with better ammo / home loads it would be alot better, but thats more than adequate for my shootings needs.

I have 2 boxes of 75gr V-max or something like that ballistic tips, I may zero them in this summer and get out foxing more as my mate has got his FAC and I will have a lamping buddy.

Unless I came into a ton of money I couldn't see the point in changing the rifle's I have atm, It wouldnt make me a better shot!

Back