Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats the cause ?

Whats the cause ?

After a month of cat and mouse with this injured doe and not being in a position for a shot I have eventually managed to despatch her and that was only possible at distance.
    A shot at this range I wouldn't normally dream of taking, infact it was the longest shot I have ever taken on a living target but given the circumstance and the condition of the doe I deemed it worth a try with the .300 ultra.
    Conditions weren't ideal with a stiff cross wind but I held I fair way off the shoulder and dialled the drop and instantly she was out of her misery.
    The accubond had entered just forward and low on the shoulder and exited taking most of the brisket with it, the 180 accubonds are hellish accurate but at rum velocitys create massive damage on small deer even at this range but in this instance just got the job done.

Here are a few pictures what do you reccon shes been caught in a fence fence or rta ? or what she was very emaciated but all her internals looked fine .

Amazing how they survive. Very well done on culling the poor thing.

have you got someone setting snares in the area???? Tighten/cut in at the upper area, strip everything down to catch on the ankle. Amkle dislocates, snare is off and she's on her way......

ive seen a fox with the same injury ,it does look like she,s been pulling and pulling on a snare .the fur looks trimmed round though the fox had knawed at its leg trying to get away not pretty they need checking twice a day snares

Quote Originally Posted by tozzybum View Post
    ive seen a fox with the same injury ,it does look like she,s been pulling and pulling on a snare .the fur looks trimmed round though the fox had knawed at its leg trying to get away not pretty they need checking twice a day snares
    They need shoved up whoever sets them's ass..... If someone doesn't have the skills to set a real trap that narrows the target down and will hold it, they don't need to be trapping in the first place......

Quote Originally Posted by daven View Post
    They need shoved up whoever sets them's ass..... If someone doesn't have the skills to set a real trap that narrows the target down and will hold it, they don't need to be trapping in the first place......
    I have to agree, if you don't know how to do it the right way, then don't do it. Well done on the shot Double four and ending this suffering.
    Tikka T3 .223, Browning A-Bolt .270

Quote Originally Posted by daven View Post

Job well done

Don't know about anyone setting snares never seen any but I wouldn't rule that out here ! there is quite a lot of new sheep fencing in the area with barb wire top strand that maybe the culprit.
    She has been like it a good while, I just haven't been in a position until this morning to do anything about it, she used to come out last thing at night and she's away to the reserve at very first light she's been very difficult to get to terms with.

Well done on putting the poor beast out of her misery.