Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: hornady stt

hornady stt

anybody used these in there 243 95 grain are they any good

Quote Originally Posted by weatherby View Post
    No but I use the SST which I believe are quite similar lol.
    they group really well in my t3 and they kill very well.

Slightly bigger and heavier, I'm using them through my 6.5x55 as 140 grainers. The don't take any prisoners. In fact I pulled a shot recently, intended poa was heart and poi was close to the diaphram, a shot I would have got away with had it been soft points. Ended up having to cut a fair bit of mess out from between skin and ribcage.

Anyone else had experience of them being a bit too explosive?

what do they group like ?

I love sst in 270 they are superb, anything in the wrong place will do much damage if you get a deer run a little it is amazing the amount of claret left behind they certainly don't go far and you don't need the hound to follow the large blood trail, found this on another forum

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

I just got 129gr for my 6.5x47 very interested in seeing who else uses them have not reloaded any yet hopefully try a few loads and see what shoots best, Checked the reviews on the hornady site seemed very hard hitting on most calibre's.

Quote Originally Posted by mereside View Post
    I love sst in 270 they are superb, anything in the wrong place will do much damage if you get a deer run a little it is amazing the amount of claret left behind they certainly don't go far and you don't need the hound to follow the large blood trail, found this on another forum
    130 or 140 gr in your 270? Where do you like to place the bullet?

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry270 View Post
    Slightly bigger and heavier, I'm using them through my 6.5x55 as 140 grainers. The don't take any prisoners. In fact I pulled a shot recently, intended poa was heart and poi was close to the diaphram, a shot I would have got away with had it been soft points. Ended up having to cut a fair bit of mess out from between skin and ribcage.

Anyone else had experience of them being a bit too explosive?
    In a word 'Yes'. I'm going back to soft points for that exact reason. "25-06 117 grains. Far too much meat damage for me. They're laser accurate though and for fox shooting they would take some beating.
    Baguio

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry270 View Post
    130 or 140 gr in your 270? Where do you like to place the bullet?
    130 grain for deer and 150 grain for driven idealy i use the sst when stalking in scotland with small rides and inside the woodland i usually neck shoot so i don't have a runner but will heart lung if nessesary as long as you don't hit a leg on the far side you don't really waste any meat but if you do hit a leg it does cause a mess but you can garauntee they won't be running on these to be fair are my favourite bullet now along with partitions. atb wayne
    just seen baguio post yes they are laser accurate and foxes do not like them at all
    like anything bullet placement is the key to not ruining meat so with these you do not need to pin through shoulders or a high shoulder shot as you will create a mess
    Last edited by mereside; 09-02-2014 at 18:04.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Quote Originally Posted by weatherby View Post
    My old Sako loved em. I took plenty of deer inc Red stags with them no problem.

Nutty