Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Poachers - South Glos, Avon and Somerset

Poachers - South Glos, Avon and Somerset

Hi all,

Just a heads up about a couple of vehicles we had issues with on Friday night.

1st a Red Audi (have the number plate if anyone would like it), was stopped by my old man in the farm buildings, when asked what they were up to an Irish accent replied "Tis a bit wet but we're going out lamping". They were told they weren't to which they replied "Tis ok we'll go and join our mates then". We're assuming that this car was doing the scouting for his mate.

Which brings us to we assume their mates, white Discovery. This was seen racing round fields, assuming chasing after deer, but had disappeared by the time someone got out. It would appear they disappeared in to a wood, having found a big set of double gates ripped of their hinges this morning.

Both vehicles were reported via 999, and credit where credit is due a couple of cars were in the area. They managed to stop the red Audi but there was nothing to hold them on. The police did say that the last time they caught up with the car it was up to similar around Bridgewater. Unfortunately the white Disco got away.

If anyone sees the red Audi around their patch, it would be a safe assumption that they're scouting things out.

BR
    James

feckers makes be boil good luck in catching them feller time to get the trencher out and make some wheel traps at the gates !!

Whereabouts was this? There's been trouble over our way from travellers coming from the Avonmouth area. That was a discovery too if I recall. I saw it again over Severn Beach way with a horsebox on the back looking for places to dump their horses.

Alex

It takes the :---> when they are removing gates to gain access, pity they didn't sink up to the door handles what with all this rain. I know on my local permissions the farmers are using the ATV's as little as possible as the ground is such a mess

Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    Whereabouts was this? There's been trouble over our way from travellers coming from the Avonmouth area. That was a discovery too if I recall. I saw it again over Severn Beach way with a horsebox on the back looking for places to dump their horses.

Alex
    Hi Alex - it was Cromhall, Tortworth and Falfield area; so only a short trip from Avonmouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingy View Post
    It takes the :---> when they are removing gates to gain access, pity they didn't sink up to the door handles what with all this rain. I know on my local permissions the farmers are using the ATV's as little as possible as the ground is such a mess
    It's the 2nd time they've "removed" gates, the 1st time I think they just used the 4x4 to drive through them.

Providing you remember to remove them a set of old harrows upside down in a gateway can often bring satisfactory results with the likes of these chaps

two planks ,4 strands barbed wire laid across the floor behind the gate ,very cheap stinger that actually wraps around the axle as it goes around in the tyres .didnt realise the "fence"had blown down sir

Good luck with catching them unwanted shits they would be the first to complain if someone started doing it to them,
    so why have they got to do it to hard working countryman who pay there taxes ( Scum )comes to mind

Quote Originally Posted by mason85_308 View Post
    Good luck with catching them unwanted shits they would be the first to complain if someone started doing it to them,
    so why have they got to do it to hard working countryman who pay there taxes ( Scum )comes to mind
    I had them coming up a small hill to a doe box I was sat in at 4am in the morning small car pulled up 2 guys get out both armed and started coming up a small hill I lent back and push the door open to see who it was they shot off in the car most have damaged the sump as it's all unmade road in a forest in Scotland

There are a lot of horses dumped around Avonmouth, most on the old industrial estate near SeaBank power...