Thread: Park Deer, Field & larder gralloch experience in the SW - Saturday 1st March

Park Deer, Field & larder gralloch experience in the SW - Saturday 1st March

Hi Folks,

We will shortly be culling some Red Hinds, and this offers you an ideal opportunity to spend a morning with some 'hands on' time, gralloching a large deer species.

External Image - Click to view original size (640x409px)

Ideal for either confidence building or pre-DSC2 coaching, we will be looking at best practice, as well as improvised techniques for preparing and caring for your venison - both in the larder and the 'real world'.

As a DSC2 AW, I will demonstrate the accepted methods of both external & internal inspection for parasites & disease in the organs & lymphatic chain - while the coaching will ensure that your gralloching method is both competent & compliant with currently accepted 'best practice'.

Both 'suspended' & 'field' grallochs will be carried out, before you move to your own beast and gralloch under supervision.

Cost : 50 a person, morning finishes with a light lunch (ok, a cup of tea & a paasty - this is DEVON !! )
    A cull stalking outing is available, as is
    great onsite B&B, if you need to travel and wish to make best use of your trip down to the South West.

Ian & Jo
    Home - Farrington Deer Services
    Tel: 07798 771 062
    For professional guided Deer & Wild Boar Stalking, practical stalking intro's & Deer related training,
    DSC1 & 2 preparation & witnessing, Field Rifle coaching. Go to www.farringtonds.com - or call me on Tel: 07798 771 062

Hi, whereabouts is this? Thanks

According to the web site, Axminster, Devon delta wolf.

What date is the day Ian/Jo?

Thanks for your interest folks,

Date is Saturday the 1st of March (as per advert ) and location is just north of Axminster (1hr 30 from Brizzle) - on the three county boundary of Somerset/Dorset & Devon.

Please contact me if you wish to join us - email: info@farringtonds.com tel: 07798 771 062

Rgds

Ian
    For professional guided Deer & Wild Boar Stalking, practical stalking intro's & Deer related training,
    DSC1 & 2 preparation & witnessing, Field Rifle coaching. Go to www.farringtonds.com - or call me on Tel: 07798 771 062

Thanks Ian, couldn't see for looking

Will check the dates with the social secretary and drop you a line from there.

Established Poster
    I'd definitely be interested in this, will send you an email!

Cheers,
    Nick

Thanks Folks,

All places taken now. Do get in touch if you would like advance notice of the next event.

Rgds

Ian