Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shooting Show (Youtube)

The Shooting Show (Youtube)

I know the barrel up/down threads have been done to death, however min 15.06 of tonight's programme sealed the fate of barrel up for me...!!
    http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...rYEtuDZdy7up6Q

Tim.243

Just watched it. Guy crosses two fences without unloading, the second time when he bends down the muzzle is pointing straight at the cameraman.

That was exciting, i dont think there is a cameraman though, all the camera shots are fixed and obviously shot from a tripod, no moving shots. Still not a good demonstration though. I think they could have spared a second to show him making the rifle safe before crossing the fence, even if it was unloaded when he did it as he was shown to load the rifle at the start of the stalk.

I'm pretty sure that Byron Pace is the cameraman on The Shooting Show - static or not, he'd have been the other side of the lens...
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by I. Farticus View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Byron Pace is the cameraman on The Shooting Show - static or not, he'd have been the other side of the lens...
    He's not always the cameraman though. James Marchington does some filming as well. He filmed me and a group of mates shooting over pointers with our muzzle loaders last year in Norfolk. In fact if you watch the news bit in tonight's film, I'm the short bloke with the Elmer Fudd type had standing in the middle of the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Webley Boy View Post
    Just watched it. Guy crosses two fences without unloading, the second time when he bends down the muzzle is pointing straight at the cameraman.
    I predicted to my self that would happen, to much detail in showing off the products and you loose sight off the most important thing....
    Safe handling of the gun...

Tim.243
    Last edited by Tim.243; 11-02-2014 at 07:47. Reason: spelling again!!

What a load of rubbish!

When you make comment make sure you have ALL the facts, as my good lady always says when you "assume" it make an Ass Out Of You And Me.

There is no one behind the camera, SW does it all by remote in his hand! The gun is NEVER loaded when he is filming.FACT!
    So if you take away those Two FACTS have you got any other comments to make?
    Last edited by news of the world; 11-02-2014 at 10:32.

To my eyes it looks like self filmed video so he probably does not point to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by glogin View Post
    To my eyes it looks like self filmed video so he probably does not point to anyone.
    Ok you mean he dosnt point at any body just by the camera or in the massive swinging arc

how about several miles behind maybe a mountain maybe a school or Tescos carpark

only way to be sure is to Unload if the gun is pointing up ever but then again up is up down is safe

same people who says its fin to point at the sky and not know where a ND will land will have a head fit if you scan with the rifle quoting no safe back stop lol

Quote Originally Posted by FGYT View Post
    Ok you mean he dosnt point at any body just by the camera or in the massive swinging arc

how about several miles behind maybe a mountain maybe a school or Tescos carpark

only way to be sure is to Unload if the gun is pointing up ever but then again up is up down is safe

same people who says its fin to point at the sky and not know where a ND will land will have a head fit if you scan with the rifle quoting no safe back stop lol
    Can you not read? "the gun is unloaded".