toyota yaris??

Nice little motor! My Dad has one and had it since new (54 plate) never had any complaints. I had the T variant as a loan car and it was nice to drive, but relatively small... not sure if you will get much in the boot!

outta here in an hour or so for driving one and a couple others (FIAT Punto).... I hate car shopping so will probably have something today... Usually just grab something for a couple hundred euro and drive it til repairs will cost more than another one, but need something nicer now....

I had the Toyota Yaris T3+ (1.3 litre motor - 5 door) as they are called in South Africa. Had it for 7 years, done a 100 000km WITHOUT any problems. Fast and reliable...

Drove to the hunting area's with it 2 times - NOT the best off-road vehile..., but it gets you there...:D

Last edited:
Thanks Folks.... The Yaris was sold (kinda small anyway)... Probably end up with a Fiat Punto that is a little newer and roomier...

You wont go far wrong with anything made by Toyota.

When I was a kid, neighbor bought a '71 or '72 land cruiser new. It's still in the family and pretty much a daily driver... Been away for 30 years so have no idea how much or little maintenance they did but it still looked good in pictures.

For me, I'm kinda glad the yaris was sold. It was a little on the small side, but after looking around the net, it was priced considerably lower than comparable ones... Maybe a reason for it. Ended up with a fiat punto that is more fatguy friendly and will hold a dog box or pig tub without moving the back seat... We'll see.... If I ever decide I need a pickup, it will be toyota.

Thanks.

Couple of collegues have them and no issues. If still looking Honda Jazz would take some beating, economical nice to drive and cavenous space inside and its a Honda, say no more.

D

Back