Weaver scopes

ems bach

Good evening gentlemen sorry and ladies can anyone shed some light on Weaver scopes for me. I personally have not had any experience with them so was hoping that some of you that have herd or have used them in the past could advise me about them ...... Thanks.

Hi! At one time these were THE American 'scope long before Leupold and even Redfield. They were used on American sniper rifles in WWII and even, some, on British sniper rifles in WWI. But like a lot of things today's Weaver isn't necessarily the same as yesteryear's Weaver. So, in their day, they were a first rate quality USA 'scope. As good as German of the same era? Well what, in optics terms, ever was!

So please come back and be a little more precise as to the make and model that interests you and I am sure that you'll get another response. Also try some of the USA Forum. I adhere to http://www.accuratereloading.com and even if you don't join you can still use the saerch facility to peruse their optics notice board.

How do Weaver rate today? Those guys will know!

I used a fixed power 6x Weaver on several rifles for many years and it performed well. As Enfield says not up to European standards optically but a good serviceable no nonsence scope.

Only last week I contacted Edgar Brothers who are the distributors in this country regarding a broken reticle on a Weaver 4-16 variable target scope that belongs to our rifle club. Edgar Brothers have only recently taken back this brand and they tell me that it's caused them a bit of a quandry as they don't get many problems with these scopes. This particular scope has very fine crosshairs for target shooting. Optically it is much better to a similar Redfield scope.

Hi! At one time these were THE American 'scope long before Leupold and even Redfield. They were used on American sniper rifles in WWII and even, some, on British sniper rifles in WWI. But like a lot of things today's Weaver isn't necessarily the same as yesteryear's Weaver. So, in their day, they were a first rate quality USA 'scope. As good as German of the same era? Well what, in optics terms, ever was!

So please come back and be a little more precise as to the make and model that interests you and I am sure that you'll get another response. Also try some of the USA Forum. I adhere to http://www.accuratereloading.com and even if you don't join you can still use the saerch facility to peruse their optics notice board.

How do Weaver rate today? Those guys will know!
The scope that I am looking at is the Super Slam 4x20x50.

Nothing wrong with that scope, as already been said great scopes, I have 3, had one nearly 40 years (steeelite), and although I do not currently have it on a rifle I shall be putting my Weaver tactical scope with a mildot recticle back on, this is about 6-7 years old, and I will put it up against my 2 swarosvski scopes, albeit it they have superior glass, but for the price....go ahead is my advice

i have the v16 4-16x40 and its been awesome. got another 2nd hand off the bbs coming. these are top scopes and never had a problem with mine in 10 years from new from blackpool air rifles.

I'm a fan of Weaver scopes generally. I've had the v24 (stolen) and now have a v16. The best scope they ever made, in my humble, is the 4.5-14x44 Tactical. Great glass which is better than most mid-range scopes I have tried, only losing out to my Zeiss's. If I could buy another couple I would, but they stopped making them and Lightstream took the pattern.

I bought a 4.5-14x40 Grand Slam last year which I am very pleased with in terms of look and feel. It's clear and bright, but not as good as the Tactical.

regards

Ian

Back