Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best recipe for burgers

Best recipe for burgers

hi all, I have been struggling with a good mix/recipe for making burgers with muntjac meat, anybody got any good recipes they can share?

thanks in advance.

d.

I cheat and use the venison and juniper mix from scobies direct. Everyone who trys them loves them

only done pigeon /pork burgers but you could adapt it possibly.course mince your venison first .chop two or 3 spanish onions and place in a bowl add 4 to six rashers of streaky bacon also chopped up .add the venison to the bowl and mixin two eggs to bind by hand till even mixxed.then the seasoning salt, pepper ,this is the good bit either or chilli powder and 3 crushed clove of garlic down to your taste.you can add soy sauce ,tabasco or habanero < depends on your mental state i guess>put through a medium cut mince to give texture .then make rough 1/4 lb patties and use your burger press to shape .should have said put the bowl on a bowl of ice to keep all cool during the mixxing process .enjoy and qtys are down to you i aim to make bout 12 burgers a time and freeze til my bellys ready atb

Quote Originally Posted by PointBlank View Post
    I cheat and use the venison and juniper mix from scobies direct. Everyone who trys them loves them
    +1,you can't beat it ,I use the organic one, 80% venison and 20% pork belly they are to die for,you can use bacon mishapes as well if you want a different twist, made some a couple of weeks ago using just mutton from a prolapsed ewe they was mighty fine too. Use at 6% but omit the water I find best or they can be a bit soggy.
    Last edited by Dawnraider; 12-02-2014 at 17:59.

There`s some here ..
    www.1245.forumotion.net
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by PointBlank View Post

Cant what it. Also the caramalised onion is good.

Nutty

Gents,

What weight or ratio of powder mix do you use to weight of minced meat in your burgers?

I have some Lucas mixers to try out next time

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by rigboot View Post
    Gents,

What weight or ratio of powder mix do you use to weight of minced meat in your burgers?

I have some Lucas mixers to try out next time

Cheers
    The scobies mix: you add 500g of powder and 450mls water to 9050grams of Mince.

Quote Originally Posted by ferretmanabu View Post
    The scobies mix: you add 500g of powder and 450mls water to 9050grams of Mince.
    Nice one cheers, I'll give these figures a go next batch.
    Thanks

the mixes are good but I like experimenting wi stuff in the cupboard

venison & cranberry jelly ( 2 jars ocean spray cranberry jelly to 5lbs of venison mince + rusk and mix till right consistency then burger, add wee bit o water if needed)
    vension & brown sauce burgers
    venison & spring onions
    venison & chorizo burgers
    vension &black pudding burgers below..... every one 1/4 pounder ...yum

curried venison burgers

so on & so forth.... have a look in cupboard and throw summit in.... if good... fine do it again . maybe...if not try summit else

paul