Best portable high seat

Double four

Just picked up some stalking so went and had a look where to site a seat but there is a public track nearby, so I would need something I could erect without much noise and quickly the same morning.
Anyone got any first hand experience and could recommend the best model for my needs ? I know meerside does one but I cant find any images. thanks DF

Bob I have a panther if you wish to look at it but id say that the clicks it makes on the ladder part when you erect it would cause you a concern in the still of a morning
regards
Jimmy

Bob I have a panther if you wish to look at it but id say that the clicks it makes on the ladder part when you erect it would cause you a concern in the still of a morning
regards
Jimmy

Yeah..... agree with that! Bloody annoying when the latches click on unfolding the ladder section.. If I want to be quiet I now unfold it when I get out of the motor and just walk it in assembled.

But it is a good bit of kit and the extension is worth having too... not sure about need for the freestanding legs kit up front - haven't used that more than two or three times over the years I've had one of these (Pre-Bushwear).

I usually take a stick to use as a brace/leaning point across the rails rather than lean fully forward to the front rail to take a sideways shot and if the side shot is almost level or behind the seat I just slide a cheek :D off the seat and stand on one the rungs to give me the right height to support the rifle across the stick or the back of the seat.

's me

Fizz
:cool:

I have a panther which suits me, i leave it places, never put it up and used it on the same session. Saw some knobloch ones bought over from continent, far superior in every way, rock solid shooting rail, dont know cost or availability

Been and picked up a Hercules today very impressed with it apart from the shooting rail which im going to modify tomorrow with some folding support braces unfortunately I bust one of the plastic rail adjusters trying to get it tighter so im going to make a couple out of mild steel while im on.
First impressions very good and comfortable , took it out tonight very easy to carry with the rucksack type straps and i had it up in no time and it felt very stable too.

I have a panther which suits me, i leave it places, never put it up and used it on the same session. Saw some knobloch ones bought over from continent, far superior in every way, rock solid shooting rail, dont know cost or availability

+1
I have a panther but have used the german seats and they are far better, I think they are also nearly twice the price!

Edit: i think these are the same ones Deer stalking equipment from LIGHTWEIGHT FOLDING HIGHSEAT, Stalkers UK

Last edited:
I use a seeland folding high seat for some of my stalking areas where I dont want to leave a high seat for any length of time easy to put up strong and comfortable

Well, after all the good advice on this and similar threads, on lightness, price, ease of quiet quick assembly, I've gone for the Telescopic Tree Ladder Back Pack from Scott Country. While waiting on its delivery, I'm already thinking about dulling down its shiny appearance and adding anti noise neoprene bits, how to make the base more stable than ever and padding those shoulder straps! I'll let you know my experiences with it shortly here. Cheers, K

Well, as promised,

First
impressions of the 'Telescopic Tree Ladder Back Pack' from Scott Country in actual use having trimmed branches off a suitable mature conifer: -
1. The promotional YouTube clip utilizing a telegraph pole doesn't adequately cover the main difficulties of securing the 2 main straps
2. The upper strap securing the top of the backrest has a straightforward clamping system thank goodness because!: -
3. The ratchet-based lower strap is almost impossible to tension adequately once in position, as it is out of reach around the tree trunk, unless you are a contortionist tree monkey! I didn't fit the profile and failed to secure this main safety feature but hey ho as an ex rock climber I somehow remained in balance, just!
4. Erection is easy, not finger squashing so good in fundamental design
5. Once up and in position a tip - ensure branches are really trimmed off flush because if not they really do dig through the backrest!
6. De-erection is hairy as it all depends on the degree of stability of those legs on the forest floor but to solve this risky step would INMHO require some form of top rope security. To de-erect and cart off site for 250 yards to vehicle took under 20 mins.
7. Comfort of carrying on a scale out of 5 would be a generous 2

Overall, am I happy to have bought it and will I persevere in using it again? Yes.

BTW I have no connection with the supplier which although ordered via the retailer, actually was delivered from the manufacturer. Weird but financially understandable........

Cheers, K

Attachments

• hi seat.JPG
    hi seat.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 97
  • view from hi seat.JPG
    view from hi seat.JPG
    11.2 KB · Views: 80
I have just bought two Leverage tree ladders and we are in the process of
modifying them adding a shooting rail as the American one don't have
them.

Back