Thread: PMII on Blaser R93

PMII on Blaser R93

Blaser do a 34mm mount for R93 but does anyone know what the clearance is like on the barrel for a Schmidt and bender PMII?

I have a PM11 on my Blaser and there are no clearance issues. PM me if you want a picture.

They do spacers for the mounts if you need to raise them.

that's like putting a Porsche steering wheel on a skoda
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

Quote Originally Posted by tackb View Post
    that's like putting a Porsche steering wheel on a skoda
    Expensive skoda! I've been pretty impressed at what Thomas Haglund's skoda can do (check youtube out).

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry270 View Post
    Expensive skoda! I've been pretty impressed at what Thomas Haglund's skoda can do (check youtube out).
    I am familiar with Thomas and his videos , good fun they are too!

Thomas Haugland seems to shoot a lot and so will burn more barrels as the average person. Changing a barrel on a R93 is nothing. No gunsmitting, no extra expense. He wrote that he gets his 6.5-284 barrels by 2 or 3. I've never been a R93 man, but from this point of view a Blaser might be the cheapest way to go. Changing a barrel on a Sako/Tikka ( barrel + work) probably will be more expensive than a R93 barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Hales Smut View Post
    Thomas Haugland seems to shoot a lot and so will burn more barrels as the average person. Changing a barrel on a R93 is nothing. No gunsmitting, no extra expense. He wrote that he gets his 6.5-284 barrels by 2 or 3. I've never been a R93 man, but from this point of view a Blaser might be the cheapest way to go. Changing a barrel on a Sako/Tikka ( barrel + work) probably will be more expensive than a R93 barrel.
    that's a very good point and one I hadn't considered ? however I just can't buy into the blaser hype particularly the one that the trigger group is attached to the mag (wtf) I wonder whose genius idea that was? one possible advantage is fast shooting but they then limit that with a stupid mag design ? five and ten round detachable mags separate from the trigger and I might be interested !

Quote Originally Posted by tackb View Post
    that's a very good point and one I hadn't considered ?
    Me neither. But if you burn more barrels than average, might be an intresting way to go. Indeed the R8 is to complicated. The R93 is better, but I also like them simple and easy.