Thread: Deer attacked at Blickling hall by dogs

Sadly happens all too often, I lost 25 sheep as a result of one incident at work last year, 3 killed outright, the rest died or had to be put down in the days that followed from stress etc.
    I then get it in the neck from dog walkers for having the audacity to put out sheep in a an area where they want to exercise their uncontrollable hounds, because of course that's why we spend 20k on stock fencing.......to keep the dogs in, silly me,
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Gives responsible dog owners a bad name.

It was a constant battle asking people to control their dogs when I was a keeper.
    Peoples excuses ranged from "How else is he/she going to get properly exercised" to "He/she won't catch it" were common place and probably the more polite responses

Quote Originally Posted by perdix View Post
    It was a constant battle asking people to control their dogs when I was a keeper.
    Peoples excuses ranged from "How else is he/she going to get properly exercised" to "He/she won't catch it" were common place and probably the more polite responses
    I'd give them the choice, either they get it under control or I would with a 100 grain .243 win

The one that used to wind me up the most was two old women "walking " their dogs , 2 lurchers, 1 collie, 1 spaniel , 2 JR's that were hot on the heels of a terrified doe & being told "their only playing "..When on the third occasion I got fairly basic they complained to the estate & the police about my attitude ...

Quote Originally Posted by highseat6.5 View Post
    The one that used to wind me up the most was two old women "walking " their dogs , 2 lurchers, 1 collie, 1 spaniel , 2 JR's that were hot on the heels of a terrified doe & being told "their only playing "..When on the third occasion I got fairly basic they complained to the estate & the police about my attitude ...
    You'll never win.
    I suppose it could be classed as a hazard of the job but it really shouldn't be necessary