Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Admin - please can we have a Section Entitled "political issues"

Admin - please can we have a Section Entitled "political issues"

Admin,

i fear ear over the next few months General Discussion is going to get embroiled in referendum discussions.

Please can we have a new section for this, so that in general SD is a political free zone.

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Heym SR20 View Post

Please can we have a new section for this, so that in general SD is a political free zone.
    This comes to mind when I read that lol! Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd90 View Post
    This comes to mind when I read that lol! Just a thought.

Perfect!!!! Just folks can't sem to differentiate between talking polotics and arguing them with a bunch of name calling.....

Or, in fact, we could just have a 'Scottish Independence, EU and badger' section.

SD Regular
    I'd reluctantly agree if ONLY to get all that stuff out of our General Discussion Forum. Thus members that don't want to see discussions about the EU, badgers, Scotland and etc dont have to. But from a US Forum I adhere to those notice boards can get quite heated!

Why not just remove threads that are not stalking related?

atb Tim

Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    Why not just remove threads that are not stalking related?

atb Tim
    But stalking is affected by politics. Everything is. You can't ignore it. However it would make sense to have a section on politics that affects fieldsports. It may take a fair bit of moderation and moderating though, because anything to do with ranting incoherently about the EU, Gypsies, the SNP and badgers may have to be selectively culled.

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    But stalking is affected by politics. Everything is. You can't ignore it. However it would make sense to have a section on politics that affects fieldsports. It may take a fair bit of moderation and moderating though, because anything to do with ranting incoherently about the EU, Gypsies, the SNP and badgers may have to be selectively culled.
    I agree, provided the politics were stalking/country sports related that would be relevant, but given that much of the value of this site is in sharing the benefit of practical experiences in stalking related situations, do we really need to clog the site up with a lot of hot air opinions that are of no particular use to anyone?

atb Tim

Hmm not totally convinced on this one. But I shall refer to my other two colleagues and see what they think. However I do tend to agree that it could become quite heated, much like some other threads at times. Providing there is no name calling or aggressive comments I see no real harm.

Just another thread for us to keep close tabs on I suppose!!
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Well it can't be any more acrimonious than threads about bowhunting or whether or not 1/4 MOA accuracy at 600 yards is adequate for stalking purposes...